New and looking for friends

Options
Hello fitness minded friemds. Just wanted to say hi and let your know that I am looking for friends to lose with. please add me to your friends. I know how hard it is to go it alone and I think this is an awesome way to relate. I have about 50 to lose "again" and this time it stays off! Read my profoile to find out more about me.
Sincerely,
bubbagg

Replies

• monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wish you well on the loooong road ahead of you. I am also "back at it again". I had lost 70#'s on weight watchers. But as some of us know all too well, it creeped back..... =/ Here's to the new year and new motivations!!! =)
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. It's a great place. It has helped me lose 61 pounds in just under 6 months. I love MFP and I know you will too. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I will send a friend request if you need a friend to help motivate and cheer you on.
  • roseydenise
    Options
    Sure, the more fitness pals the merrie! I have only been using My Fitness Pal for maybe a month or so, but I have already lost 9 lbs! Its much easier to reach your goals when you write them down. And the best part about My Fitness Pal is- I don't feel like Im dieting. I still eat whatever I want pretty much but stay within the daily calorie goal and exercise.

Best wishes to you and your fitness quest :)
  • txoilartist
    Options
    I am with you! :happy: This is the year...at 42 I am not getting any younger and don't want to regret not taking care of myself later. The week before Christmas our family has held a tradition of watching past Christmas videos. My husband and I have hade a running on camera joke. We always say "When we view these videos next year were say "Wow, we look so skinny back then." As much of a cute in side family joke this is, I don't want this to really become the reality. Like you, I would love to make a few friends and along the way to may this task a bit more fun.
  • txoilartist
    Options
    New to this...I posted a message, however do you know how to add friends? Susan
  • scolwell
    Options
    It is great to have friends who are going through this with me. Thanks for being there
  • vicster9727
    Options
    Hi everyone! I need to get a pic of myself added to my profile....
    I had taken off 20 lbs 2 years ago... kept it off for a year and decided to quit smoking.
    Well, I haven't smoked in 4 months, but I put the 20 back on.... :(

So now I have 50 to lose and.... I turn 50 this year. UGH
    I have the calorie thing down pretty comfortably, now need to add some exercise.

Way to go JayneWilson!!! and Roseydenise.

I'm chasin y'all lol
  • Mshaldane
    Options
    Hi, I am also, not getting any younger. I find it trickier to keep my weight in check now. But I love the energy and confidence I have when I am feeling slender and healthy.

I also want to set a good example for my girls to care for themselves as they get older. Man! I can't believe how high maintenance I have become ;^D