Food combinations that you regret trying?

Options

Replies

• MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    If you ever get in a cottage cheese bind, top it with sliced strawberries or peaches (you can use canned if you really want) it is amazing.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    My two girls both love peanutbutter and mayo sandwiches. Tried it once. That is nasty!

That's because you forgot the relish.

Seriously... when my kindergarten class was allowed to make sandwiches for our field trip to go fly kites, I put peanutbutter, mayo, and relish together. While I didn't put that combo together ever again, I don't remember hating it. It could simply be a matter of not having all those items available at the same time.

More recently, I was bored in a hotel one night, so I thought of mixing my chocolate whey with one of those tiny, mini-bar sized bottles of Jack Daniels, thinking that it would taste like a no-bake chocolate bourbon ball recipie my mother used to make. While it actually tasted okay, the texture was DREADFUL. And no matter how much water I tried to add, I couldn't get it to dissolve.
  • ErnestDecker
    Options
    Food combination regret that means the food you don't want to take in your regular diet and that really bad for your health. There are some points to these food which are not good in taste but it is good for health.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt on pancakes. Even though it was sweetened, it was a bad taste!
  • Cathi888
    Cathi888 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pickle juice and tequila. The internet and this one girl both said it was amazing (with a teensy bit of lime juice). I made 6 shooters. Only one person got it down without immediately spitting it up.

I think you are supposed to do the shot, then follow with the pickle juice to kill the shot. We prefer pineapple juice around here.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    hot dog spaghetti casserole

That sounds amazing.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Peanut butter, cinnamon, banana and bacon sandwich. The bacon killed it. I had to take it off and eat it on the side. It sounded so good in theory :(
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana "icecream"

No and no and no.

ETA: it's not exactly a combination, because there's nothing but the banana. But it's a sin against a perfectly delicious fruit.
    Yeah, it's not a combo, but I'll defend it in the name of using up those brown bananas that you would otherwise chuck out because you don't have time to bake.

A tip is to peel it, then cut it in small bite sizes and freeze. That way the stuff goes really nicely in the blender. Have tried the frozen whole banana thing and it took quite some time to blend into mush.

I've only made it twice so far and in fact have some dying bananas I could freeze right now.

Sweetie pie, that's what banana bread is for. Don't peel the bananas before you freeze them. Run them under hot water to peel them when you are ready and mush the partially thawed bananas in with the flour before adding the liquid ingredients. It takes a bit longer to bake, but you're using bananas that would have gone to waste and no feeling is better than that.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Pineapple and cottage cheese. I LOVE each of these things apart, but together they taste like bile.
  • EthanTheBrave
    EthanTheBrave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sliced up pickles + Pepper Slaw + Sriracha Sauce.

I called it "Pain-Slaw" and it was amazing.

And then Painful.

And then Painful, again.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk? GOOOD!!!

Protein powder? GOOOD!!!

Protein powder mixed in your chocolate milk?

Bad. OMG so bad.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    ice cream floats made with beer because we were out of root beer :sick:
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Beer and Clamato.

Edit: I don't know who thought this was a good idea. Initial investigation said Canada, then southern US, then Mexico. Trivial detail. It's gross.

haha i love micheladas... haha and everything you hate.
  • waynethomson779
    waynethomson779 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok when I had just gotten together with my now wife I decided I would try to make cream of broccoli soup from scratch. Well everything was great until I added the broccoli lol I added way to much and I puréed it lol it was horrible to this day even suggesting that I make cream of broccoli soup makes everyone cringe
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwich. My friend's mother made me one when I was 12 and I didn't want to be rude by refusing. Everyone in her family love's the stupid things...but they are just gross and wrong.

I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. With sweet pickles, of course.

Dill pickles with PB on Ritz crackers. Mmm.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pickle juice and tequila. The internet and this one girl both said it was amazing (with a teensy bit of lime juice). I made 6 shooters. Only one person got it down without immediately spitting it up.

I think you are supposed to do the shot, then follow with the pickle juice to kill the shot. We prefer pineapple juice around here.

I did the pickle juice shot following whiskey. Amazing!
  • Goofyrunnergirl
    Options
    Frozen banana "icecream"

No and no and no.

ETA: it's not exactly a combination, because there's nothing but the banana. But it's a sin against a perfectly delicious fruit.

I think what you meant to say is that it's a sin against perfectly delicious ice cream! :)
  • sarahbellum09
    sarahbellum09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When I have cravings that won't stop, I'll remember to come back to this topic to help ruin my appetite. LOL
  • aswarty
    aswarty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese mixed with pineapple :sick:

WHAT???? That's one of my favorite breakfasts. So good! :glasses:

That is also one of my favorites!:tongue:

I also love cottage cheese with pineapple! My cottage cheese fail was kiwi and cottage cheese - I look back now wondering what I was thinking. Made it in the morning and took it to work for lunch and the cottage cheese almost curdled - I still have nightmares thinking about that.
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pickled Bologna and Chocolate Milk....on a 100 degree day :sick: :sick: :sick: I was about 12 and my mom and I was snacking on the way home from the grocery store LoL Haven't touch it since.