Women's running tights, any that aren't see through?

Options
I've been looking for ages and trying to find some running tights/leggings as I'm not a huge fan of jogging bottoms/sweat pants, however I can't find any that you can't see my underwear through, can anyone recommend anywhere for me to look? My price range is up to about £30.

Or do I just accept that tights aren't opaque and wear nude underwear? Any help would be great, I cringe whenever I'm behind a woman wearing leggings with her polka dot bridget jones pants showing through, and I don't want to be that person lol

Sorry for not actually talking about fitness in this board, wasn't exactly sure where to put my underwear related questions...

Replies

• Pauline252mfp
    Pauline252mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think the options are either to wear flesh colored undies or pull a pair of shorts over your tights. Absolutely don't like the undies showing their colors through the outerwear!
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike tights that aren't see through but they are a touch heavier material- I wouldn't recommend them for the summer time. Also, I have a couple of cheap pairs from Old Navy, also not see through... the grey pair however does tend to get a pissed-your-pants kind of look to them. I don't like to run in them unless I have head phones in, they make a horrible swishing noise and it's just the right pitch to make me want to scream. But no unmentionables show! :wink:
  • twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have some Running Bare ones that aren't see through, but purchased another pair in that brand recently only to find out that those ones are. My 4yr old screeched out that she could see my flowery undies through them, so they have been put away for 'later' lol
  • lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the GapFit line of running capris and tights. They're moisture-wicking, and aren't see-through, but they don't get all hot during the summer. Also, they tend to compress *just enough* that my butt and thighs look AMAZING in them :wink: They also don't show your sweat, so you won't look like you peed yourself while jogging! I bought mine on clearance.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I like Athleta and Title 9 brand workout clothes-- very high quality! Though you would need to shop their sale sections to get things in your price range (that's what I usually do unless there's something at full price I desperately want). Also they are American companies-- not sure what the shipping would cost to the UK.

Would you consider running in a skort rather than leggings? I love skorts-- proper rear end coverage, no separate underwear to ride up under the skirt (they have built-in shorts), and are so comfy and pretty!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJMaxx has some great brands- I'm a HUGE fan of fitted carpis- and I do a boat load of squatting- in the gym and the dance studio- so it's super important to me to have none see through pants.

MPG makes great clothes- they run mid price- but at target you can get them for like 25$ and they come in all sorts of fun colors and patterns!! :D
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Second the suggestion to try the GAP - I really like their workout tights - also try Champion brand - I have a few pairs of running tights from them.

You other option is to try the sales on athlete.com or titlenine.com
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, Walmart has some really good ones, but they're so thick that you probably wouldn't want to wear them during the summer.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have a newly acquired pair of Nike compression-y shorts that aren't see through, and they're great. I got the ones witha 7-8 inch inseam, perfect for summer. These are slowly phasing out a pair of Champion compression shorts that had a 7 inch inseam & couldn't see through those either! :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wear old navy performance leggings to run in and they arent see through... unless you've had them for several months and have washed them many many times because they are old navy after all :laugh:
  • hcook04
    hcook04 Posts: 5
    Options
    I live in the UK, summer lasts approx 10 days.. not an issue!
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you have in the UK, for capris or long legging running pants I have Danskin... Love them over other brands.. They fit me the best and aren't expensive.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have really cheap leggings, whatever i find at the thrift store or on clearance, and I've never had a problem. But then i pretty much only wear black. All my leggings are shaped in the butt area and thicker material, not super stretchy nor like tights. When I've attempted to buy leggings/tights that aren't fitted in the butt area, they invariably slip down because i have a big butt. Then my undies definitely show! No thanks!

I have one pair of white yoga pants and i will only wear flesh colored panties with those. ;)
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I geberally find if you get the right size they shouldn't be see through. Never had that issue.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I like my Lorna Jane and Nike ones - the fabric isn't bulky but definitely opaque. I also have a few pairs of Lululemon tights (I stalk their sale rack) but their quality has been dubious over the last few years. I still generally wear dark materials - black, navy dark grey, patterns (I wearing gun metal grey fishscale tights right now!) etc. And then nude or black underwear anyway.

I also reeeaaally test them out in the dressing room. I mean bending over, contorting myself etc to check my butt! I really don't want people to tell what underwear I'm wearing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    They can be so revealing. I find that when I wear colors other than black they seem to appear less sheer however then they appear to hug every curve and nook and cranny. Its like a catch 22, or being stuck between a rock and a hard place finding decent ones. Good luck on your search.! :)
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I actually love the workout capris from Old Navy. They are moisture wicking, a bit thicker material than tights or leggings but I don't get too hot running in them. And they aren't that expensive, and they always have a deal going on.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i got my latest pair from matalan on sale. fabrics rather thick but is dri-fit. i run in them outdoors in what passes as sunshine and ive been fine, i get hot very quickly anyway