New to this!

blueyed_girl
blueyed_girl Posts: 14
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

I am new to this site. I've been on here a week. LOVE it so far!!! I like the way you can track everything. It keeps it all in one location! I started a new workout on Jan 1 and have stuck to it!! I went to my local YMCA to give it a try! I LOVED it. I am doing Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover book. It is a good place to start and I'm sure I will change it up once I get better acquainted with the machinces and all. I am hoping to join this weekend! I can so see myself going to the gym everyday and working out!! I see a lot of time being spent there. Even if I go and just do some cardio. I have a new found LOVE for working out!

I have done well at staying within my calories. I may still not eat the best and most healthy but it is better than I was. It takes time to make changes into habits. I am not one of the new year resolutioners, I am making life style changes so I may live a better more healthy lifestyle. I have many supporters around me and am really shocked by that. Some that have shown support I would have never guessed. It's amazing how I feel lately.

I am also running into a problem. I LOVE chicken and fish but running out of ways to fix them. I am a picky eater (I have eaten more foods that I normally wouldn't). This complicates things. I am trying to cook more healthily and this is all new to me! I love me some potatoes, bread, and fried foods. lol. I am also trying to eat more fruits and vegetables.

I'm also having troubles with "good" and "bad" fats. I know what they are but like which foods fall into what category.

Anyways! I just wanted to say hi and love the site. I welcome any support and am here to give support too!

blueyed_girl

Replies

• strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    hey well first of all I think you are doing a great job. I am the same as far as not being big on cooking as well as not sure how to make different things. I shopped today for food and it took me forever. I think though once I get used to it I will be able shop much faster. Anyways keep up the good work and feel free to call.
  • Runlily
    Runlily Posts: 10
    Welcome!! :-D
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Welcome!

For fish, try Seapak's Salmon Burgers. Yummmyyyyy.
This discussion has been closed.