Beachbody and Shakeology

Options
2»

Replies

• soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have the vegan chocolate Shakeology. It's meh. I do it when I crave chocolate but honestly, I never noticed it doing anything for me or my bod.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    lol I am a junkie myself! I will admit I am a coach, but I only became one for the discount. In fact I haven't sold a single thing. They offer the coach opportunity for free for military families, so I joined to get the discount on shakeology. My husband enjoys insanity and I am doing T25 right now and loving it. When you break it down by daily cost, I pay a little under $3.50 per day for shakeology which is less than I was spending getting breakfast in the cafeteria at my work. The cost isn't worth it for everyone, but it is for me, I feel better when I drink it consistently.

No offense, but I have seen this statement so many times, that I think there's some training material circulated by Beachbody where this can be copied and pasted from............."I am a coach, but I only became one for the discount"......."haven't sold a single thing"......."I pay a little under $3.50 for shakeology which is less that I was spending getting breakfast"
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Or you know... you could just eat your macros and make sure to have a varied diet to get your micros instead of paying $100/bag for a shake that tastes like a dirty booty.

Come on.......be nice.......dirty booty doesn't taste nearly as bad as Shakeology.
  • difwiz
    difwiz Posts: 4
    Options
    The Shakeology stuff does taste pretty bad. I got a sample packet of the chocolate one from my cousin and all I could taste after the initial hit of somewhat-chocolate-tasting-stuff was the horrible "fake" sweetener taste (I know it is stevia and whatnot, but they could have used dehydrated honey or some other natural sweetener that doesn't taste like *kitten*). I was tasting it all night and when I got up in the morning, was burping the shake up and it tasted even worse then. Eew.

No thanks...you can keep your chalky shake. I am going to stick with whole fruits and vegetables and local pastured meats and eggs for my nutrition.
  • kristinashelton
    Options
    lol I am a junkie myself! I will admit I am a coach, but I only became one for the discount. In fact I haven't sold a single thing. They offer the coach opportunity for free for military families, so I joined to get the discount on shakeology. My husband enjoys insanity and I am doing T25 right now and loving it. When you break it down by daily cost, I pay a little under $3.50 per day for shakeology which is less than I was spending getting breakfast in the cafeteria at my work. The cost isn't worth it for everyone, but it is for me, I feel better when I drink it consistently.

No offense, but I have seen this statement so many times, that I think there's some training material circulated by Beachbody where this can be copied and pasted from............."I am a coach, but I only became one for the discount"......."haven't sold a single thing"......."I pay a little under $3.50 for shakeology which is less that I was spending getting breakfast"

None offense taken, lol you are entitled to your opinion. :) It works for me and that is all I care about.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just figured out how to lose weight without having to spend much less money on Slim Fast through a higher cal goal as per TDEE.

Now that I'm saving that amount of money and still losing weight, I don't really feel like spending even MORE money than that on Beachbody or Shakeology or anything really.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    In for legalized Ponzi schemes and salespeople calling themselves "coaches."
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I use my money for real food.........it works exponentially better than any supplement on the market
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I use my money for real food.........it works exponentially better than any supplement on the market

Nothing further needed here. /thread
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

^^^ This ^^^
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to knock the workouts, because I've done TurboFire and it's not a joke or gimmick by any means (I also liked Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body), but I hated Shakeology. I tried both the chocolate and the vanilla and thought it tasted like chalk.

And no, I am not a coach, pretending to be one or anything else. Just a normal person! :)
  • iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I laughed out loud when I read this because I had almost just added being a coach but just for the discount to my profile. I think the reason you probably hear things like that a lot is because if someone says they're a coach upfront, you assume they're a pushing something. If they don't tell you they're a coach upfront, you assume they're being dishonest.