anyone else from the UK?

Options
Nt that i have anything against you lovely americans but I was looking for UK buddies too anyone out there?

I'm a newbie, mum of 2, not got a crazy amount of weight to lose but I'm still very keen to lose it - want to feel good about myself again and finally get rid of the 'mummyy tummy'

look forward to chatting to you all xx

Replies

• savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from Birmingham in the UK. Feel free to add me if you want!! I've only just started properly on here a week ago although I joined a couple of months ago. :drinker:
  • karlydaniels
    karlydaniels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've just moved back to Leeds from Birmingham, lived in Oldbury for 5 years..
  • savagegirl
    Options
    Oh wow!! I often drive through Oldbury as i work around the Dudley area and live in Northfield.
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I'm from Liverpool. Been here a while but I do WW so I don't really use the food diary. Add me if you like =)
  • karlydaniels
    Options
    Hello there, just read your profile very inspiring well done on all you've acheived so far! have you switched to the new pro points thing on ww or stuck with the origional points? i used to do ww but not sure what the new one's all about..

added you both!
  • northernmum
    northernmum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm new to this too....eldest child now 14 and I'm still trying to lose the baby weight! Turning 40 in about three weeks and I'm determined not to be fat at 40! Only got a stone to lose and have promised myself every year I wil lose it! Hope 2011 will be the year!
    x
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We have a special thread just for us! Come over to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145129-team-uk-january-2011

Great to see you on here. I live in Somerset :smile:
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi Karly i'm new too.

Hi savagegirl, just down the road from you. I live in Quinton.

Great to find more UK people on here and especially some so close. Mind if i add you???
  • Danzicle
    Options
    Hi

I live in Surrey although originally from Leeds. I've managed my weight pretty well throughout my life, having been very overweight in my teens. I'm now 53 and the last 18 months has seen me put on about 30lbs. I spent the whole of 2010 dieting in one way or another - but ended up heavier in Dec 2010 than I was in Dec 2009.

I joined a gym in September and have been attending 3-4 times a week for body pump, to try and tone up, but now I need to move the fat.

I've now started with gusto, I'm on the scarsdale diet which worked really well for me when I needed to loose my post baby weight all those years ago. I'm also using a form of self hypnosis, in particular whenever I think I would like something such as a glass of wine, chocolate, etc I immediately imagine how I will feel when I can get back into my size 10 jeans. It works I forget the choclotae and re-focus.

Today is my 7th day, I haven't weighed myself, I'm just going to get into my jeans again, then I know I'll be where I want to be.

Good luck to you all.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am x
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm in Nottingham:-)
  • karlydaniels
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Good to 'meet' you all!

Queenmedusa i will be sure to pop over to your thread thanks!

Get adding we're in this together girls x
  • savagegirl
    Options
    Hey Loushep, Added you. You are literally down the road from me, How strange!!!
  • maxim1
    maxim1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

I'm from North London nice to see more brits
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi, another Surrey girl and I'm on the team UK thread from time to time. Similarly to the OP, I've got 2 kids and wanted to lose some weight to feel good about myself again. I've lost my weight now and have been maintaining for a few months but this is far from the end of my journey, my attention is on fitness and toning now.

Feel free to add me as a friend,

Yvonne
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    I'm near Glasgow, joined half heartedly on an app spree in August, but counting cals with gusto since 1/1/11... had my first weigh in today & lost 2lbs, it's nice to see that ticker on the move :-D
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    hey i live in leicester, orginally from northern ireland, iv been on this a while now, i did drift away for a bit but im back again now and determined to try and lose the weight now pretty sure im at my biggest now :(

anyways welcome to mfp and i wish you well and hope you reach your goals.

feel free to add me as a friend i am also looking for more people from the uk :)
  • Oddelly
    Oddelly Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello! I'm in southampton. Nice to know I'm not the only Brit! :) Feel free to add etc.
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Hi there! I live near you - near Wakefield. I want to lose a lot of weight and I love this app - it's so encouraging. Finally making good use of my gym membership too! Welcome any friends to add - nothing like a bit of encouragement when you're fat-busting! Karen x

3611898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi there I live near Southampton, just started her last month, its great. Good luck I will add you.

Mandy xx