Would 30 day shred be the right program for me?

Options
Hi I'm a 24 year old mom of three kids. I've been trying *and failing* to lose weight for over a year now. I weighed 214 and have lost 7lbs by teaching myself to drink the right amount of water and watch what I eat. That's sounds really dumb but I never EVER had to diet before I had my kids. Now it seems like I can't get my weight to go anywhere so I've been doing baby steps!. Anyways, I tried Insanity like 5 or 6 times and have never stuck with it and I'm wondering if maybe the program just isnt for me or maybe I need to try something to ease myself into the process instead of jumping into one of the craziest workouts ever. Has anyone done the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? Would it be a good jumping off point?

Thank you!
Lindsey

Replies

• miss_millie
    miss_millie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've started it again (on day 1)

But I did do it prior. It's not as intense as insanity and only 20 minutes do by the time you could have argued yourself out of it you've already done it.

The reason why I had to stop was because I hurt my leg while attempting this drunk! (I recommend not doing it then)

Best of luck!
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a great fit. I tried insanity myself. And like previous posted said, about 20 mins in I was hating it and wanting to quit. With 30 day shred by the time I get exhausted I'm almost done! I actually completed it. Did it 5 xs a week so it took me 6 weeks but still had results and now starting her ripped in 30. Take pics though. You usually lose more inches than pounds! (Usually! Some people are different and see a great loss on the scale with their inches lost) depends on your body.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    It's a good one to try becuase the time committment isnt too heavy. Like previous poster said by the time you want to give up you are done.
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I did it when I was much heavier, it's good she gives you am easier version to do if your struggling. Go for it.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I opened level one on you tube to try it. Once I realized I like it I bought it (iTunes 10.00 or Walmart ) since YouTube isn't always reliable connection-wise
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    hate to toot my own horn... but http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1308268-day-30-of-the-30-day-shred

It worked for me! I just finished today and feel like a beast. It kicked my butt into shape! I now feel like exercise is something fun that I really enjoy!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    LOL - 20 minutes long and by the time you've talked yourself out of it you've done it! This is SO VERY TRUE. Brilliant comment.

I did it last year - loved it, it did amazing things for me .... BUT I didn't really take care of my knees and realised that I needed more of a warm up and cool down, than our Jillian does. By Day 23 I was experiencing pain and had to really let up - but I made it to the end and I'm still proud of myself.

Next time (oh yes there will be a next time!) I'm be more aware of the knees and stretching out issues, will probably do 6 days on and 1 day off, will buy a better support bra AND try to move out of Level 1 into some of the Level 2 exercises when I'm ready.

30 Day Shred - along with sensible eating and truthfully recording my food intake - got me from a UK Size 22/24 to a UK Size 18 and the best butt in jeans I've had in years!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I started it and quit 4 or 5 times before I actually finished it. I loved it though and had great results. I think I lost around 8 pounds in that month.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    It's a great program! I noticed a major difference in my stamina and strength! I can't remember how much I lost but I gained the beginning of some major guns!
  • LCaldwell10
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's comment :) I'm starting it this evening, finally got my kiddos to bed. Wish me luck :)
  • LCaldwell10
    Options
    I've started it again (on day 1)

But I did do it prior. It's not as intense as insanity and only 20 minutes do by the time you could have argued yourself out of it you've already done it.

The reason why I had to stop was because I hurt my leg while attempting this drunk! (I recommend not doing it then)

Best of luck!

Did you start 30ds today???? If yes x an I friend you and maybe we can help keep each other going???
  • halfpintpeggy
    halfpintpeggy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had my first "shred" day today too!
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I tried Jillian it kicked my butt. Several years later after establishing a consistent workout plan I tried it again. It was still challenging but I worked my way through the entire program. I lost 5 lbs that month while also doing traditional weight training and walking while eating at a deficit. The most important part is your mind set. If you tell yourself you are doing it no matter what then you will be able to push through the hard times to finish and wear that badge of honor! So, just commit yourself and go for it. Remember to eat a reasonable diet because losing weight is 80% diet 20% exercise. Now go kick some Jillian booty!
  • LCaldwell10
    Options
    I had my first "shred" day today too!

Can I add you? I just did day one. It was intense but I actually felt like it was working. Which is a first haha
  • 54321Kara
    54321Kara Posts: 1
    Options
    I started the 30 day program today in been waiting for my eating to go more healthy before starting to exercise to this moment I feel better but my energy on the actual routine doesn't last long today I went so far as 20 Mts. , hopefully tomorrow I will do better wishing all of you good luck too.
  • miss_millie
    miss_millie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Come on ladies. Don't forget to hang out with gillian

and 30 day shred! ;)