How much weight did you lose on a low calorie diet?

Options
I weigh 170, & my goal weight is 120. I was thinking about doing that Atkins diet but I find it easier to count my calories instead. I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible for summer :)

Replies

• FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I lost 2kg in 12 weeks at Weight Watchers cutting calories and low fat.

I've lost 32kg in approx 18 months cutting carbs and eating more and going full fat. Go figure :)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hi, I dropped 64 lbs doing P90X and eating 1800-2000 cal/day with 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fats.

What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    1,100-1,300 calories a day. I lost 30 pounds in 4 months.

I'm 5'4" and went from 163-165 pounds to 135 lbs.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Summer is here already. Lose weight at a slow and sustainable rate and you'll hit your goals in a few months but keep the weight off for all of the future summers.