Frozen cool whip, pretend it's ice cream

Options

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm the latest addict-could have eaten the whole container! But, what is it REALLY made of? No dairy there that 's for sure. Melted, thawed, I'll definetly be filling the freezer! Great ideas, keep thewm coming!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    With Summer just around the corner, I believe this needs bumped!
  • feathers823
    feathers823 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I mix it with some frozen fruit and refreeze- delicious!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    lmbo! I always keep a container of ff cool whip in the freezer just for this purpose. I just got the HG cookbook and there is a recipe in it for an ice cream sandwich made with the large caramel corn rice cakes and ff cool whip. Can't wait to try it!

I make these with the mini ones. So good. Even the kids like them. It's good with the chocolate ones too.
  • cyncm
    cyncm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry to be a downer... do you know what's in this stuff? anything hydrogenated is trans fats and is the worst fat you could be eating. This isn't really food.

WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT & PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF LIGHT CREAM, SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.Size: 8OZ
    Upc: 4300000953
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving size: 9G
    Servings per container about: 25
    Calories 25CAL 0% 1
    Calories from Fat 15CAL 0% 2

My mom used to feed us this when she was trying to save money... Now that I'm an adult with my own money, if I want a treat I buy real whipping cream and whip it myself...

Total Fat 1.5g 2% 3
    Saturated Fat 1.5G 8% 4
    Trans Fat 0G 0% 5
    Cholesterol 0mg 0% 7
    Sodium 0mg 0% 8
    Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% 10
    Sugars 2G 0% 12
    Protein 0g 0% 13
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Love cool whip light between cinnamon graham crackers.. Pretend it is ice cream sandwich.. Nom Nom Nom
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry to be a downer... do you know what's in this stuff? anything hydrogenated is trans fats and is the worst fat you could be eating. This isn't really food.

WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT & PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF LIGHT CREAM, SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.Size: 8OZ
    Upc: 4300000953
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving size: 9G
    Servings per container about: 25
    Calories 25CAL 0% 1
    Calories from Fat 15CAL 0% 2

My mom used to feed us this when she was trying to save money... Now that I'm an adult with my own money, if I want a treat I buy real whipping cream and whip it myself...

Total Fat 1.5g 2% 3
    Saturated Fat 1.5G 8% 4
    Trans Fat 0G 0% 5
    Cholesterol 0mg 0% 7
    Sodium 0mg 0% 8
    Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% 10
    Sugars 2G 0% 12
    Protein 0g 0% 13
    yeah thats pretty evident to most people. We are all adults and can decide for ourselves if we want to eat any given food or not. I just finished a bowl of frozen bannanas,strawberries and cool whip so i guess you know what my choice is.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I mix it with peanut butter or nutella or biscoff spread then freeze it.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this tomorrow. Period cravings ALWAYS get me.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Cool whip is still made with trans fats? I wish there was a sugar free and fat free version.
  • Footballgirl83
    Options
    I mix light yogurt with light cool whip and freeze it, its sooooooooo good!!
  • margannmks
    Options
    I mix light yogurt with light cool whip and freeze it, its sooooooooo good!!
    try the chobani orange cream,its not light but with the lite cool whip its a creamsicle:)
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I do this as well....mix in some slightly melted peanut butter...and maybe a little hot fudge syrup...mmmmmmmmmm!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'm having whipped cream tonight! On top of my Talenti double dark chocolate gelato. :drinker:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    47321-felicia-day-oh-hell-no-gif-bh6n.gif?w=520

Eat without pretending, eat what you want. Just keep it in moderation, really! Unless... you like pretending that cool whip is ice cream, and a McDouble is kobe beef, and that cauliflower is anything but cauliflower...
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cool Whip isn't real food, so I don't buy it.

Here's my ice cream substitute:

Plain, vanilla, or honey low-fat yogurt (current fav is Nancy's Honey Yogurt).
    Frozen berries, cherries, or peaches.
    Drizzle of honey (optional)

Stir the fruit into the yogurt. Add a little honey if the yogurt is sour. Let this sit for a bit until the berries and yogurt are both semi-frozen. Or just throw it in a blender for a smoothie.

I can eat a ton of this for the same calories that are in one tiny scoop of ice cream, and it's all good for me.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Eat without pretending, eat what you want. Just keep it in moderation, really! Unless... you like pretending that cool whip is ice cream, and a McDouble is kobe beef, and that cauliflower is anything but cauliflower...

Oh, dear lord, enough with the cauliflower!
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the cool whip/graham cracker "ice cream" sandwiches. SO yummy! :)

And I agree with the poster that said we're adults who get to make our own decisions with food. I know it's not real. I know it's not the best thing out there...but it sure is tasty, and it's not like I'm eating gallons of it every day. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Cool whip is still made with trans fats? I wish there was a sugar free and fat free version.

I know there is a light version.

I love cool whip, I could sit and eat a whole container on it's own! But I don't pretend it's ice cream...because it's Cool Whip.
  • margannmks
    Options

I know there is a light version.

I love cool whip, I could sit and eat a whole container on it's own! But I don't pretend it's ice cream...because it's Cool Whip.
    yeah i wondered how long it would take for the anti coolwhip crowd. Whatever i had two obstacles for ME when it came to weightloss one was icecream the other was beer. I switched from lite beer to bud 55 and got a yonannas machine to satisfy my ice cream cravings.