No more X in front!

Options
Yesterday, after 3.5 months I have lost 50 lbs! To celebrate, I finally went to buy some new clothes (since I hadn't gotten anything since I started my lifestyle change) and bought 3 shirts.... Without an X in the size! I always wore an XL for my entire adult life, and even had some XXL... So not only was wearing an L, a huge accomplishment, but they were even a bit loose on me!

I bought 2 pairs of Jeans... I was wearing a size 38 waist... today, 33!
I bought 1 pair of Dockers.... I was wearing a size 40 waist... today 34!

I can't wait till I reach my goal in another 25 lbs.... Will I fit into a M??? I never thought it was possible.

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    Yay for no "X's"!!! Awesome! :)
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    No X's is a good thing! I'm finally in a large top and 34 waist pants, before XXL and 40 pants. Feels great!
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yeaaaah! WTG!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should feel so proud!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! I know exactly how you feel. I kept a pile of pants that didn't fit to help motivate me and tried them on every week. It was great to see the pile get smaller and smaller as my waist got smaller and smaller :D
  • sabrina35
    Options
    Congrats
  • ScorchPA
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments....

... coincidentally I just now received the results of my blood work.. I had previously had blood work done right before I started losing weight.... here are the results

Cholesterol - Was 221, Now 169, healthy Range 125-200
    Tryglycerides - Was 303, Now 159, Healthy Range <150

.... I guess I did this more to be healthy than to wear smaller clothes, so this is my REAL accomplishment
  • kate1398
    Options
    WOW, Congratulations! That is wonderful and I love how you said lifestyle change because that's really what it needs to be for us all!
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    Awesome work to get rid of the X, but even a bigger congrats on getting healthy!!!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is very exciting!!! Great work!
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am happy for you and cannot wait to join you! I am tired of looking at the fuddy duddy 1X clothes and hope to be down soon.
    Sending mega congratulations your way!
  • ScorchPA
    Options
    Thanks Again everyone....

... To further celebrate my 50 lbs lost, last night I took over half the clothes I own out of my closet to be sent to Goodwill. No point keeping some threads around that I will no longer need! I got into some of my old pants... unbelievable

What a feeling!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Thanks Again everyone....

... To further celebrate my 50 lbs lost, last night I took over half the clothes I own out of my closet to be sent to Goodwill. No point keeping some threads around that I will no longer need! I got into some of my old pants... unbelievable

What a feeling!

Keep at least one or two of those old large clothes! It's a big boost to try them on every now and then and see how far you've come.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Nicely done - what an accomplishment! You must feel great! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!