Is coffee bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have coffee every day! Some times 2 cups. It's something that I don't want to give up....so I wont! I enjoy it and so can you!
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    At least nobody's convinced me it's bad. About 5-10 calories per cup, high in potassium, tasty when you buy the right types, high in caffeine for a good pick-me up precisely when you need it. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It tastes terrible! I don't know how people can stand it. :sick:
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am 6 hours into a 12 hour shift on next to no sleep. Coffee is my only hope to make through.
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was talking to a body builder who told me that coffee can affect your strength in your weight room. So although it is giving you that boost of energy, your gains might not be as strong. He gave me some scientific stuff to back of the claim, but I've never actually looked into it myself. Might be interesting to read about!

I personally LOVE to drink coffee first thing in the morning (and afternoon, and evening sometimes..) just keep it black or add some 30cal almond milk! :)
  • ErnestDecker
    Options
    Coffee is not really bad for health, but if you drink coffee in excess amount then it will be harmful for you. Due to some facts coffee is not good for our health, the facts are like unfiltered coffee is not good, for pregnant women caffeine in coffee is harmful, if you put lots of cream and sugar in your coffee then it badly effects to your health. Some good points relevant to coffee are if you drink maximum 3 cups coffee in a day then the possibility of heart attack is less especially in women, drinking coffee is also result to lower the risk of diabetes and also help to reduce the development of depression.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Only for some people. For me it is a migraine issue. Otherwise the amounts most normal people drink is not bad.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I think it depends if it's worth the calories to you. My coffee is 75 calories for 24oz. with sugar free creamer and Trader Joe's liquid stevia or Stevia in the Raw depending on what I have on hand. So I don't cut it out. I love my caffeine and I have not run into any issues losing weight while keeping it.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not to sound all Charlton Heston here, but coffee is the one thing that would have to be wrestled out of my hands with screaming and thrashing. And I fight like a girl!

That being said, I do limit myself to 2 cups a day, limited sweetener if any and just enough cream to make it toffee-colored. I can give up a lot of things but that is not one of them. And guess what? I have lost 26lbs since I've started losing. And that is steady weight loss, not up, down, back and forth. I stalled out for a while over the winter because I started eating too much, but since I curbed that back up, my coffee has remained my one true love. (Sorry, hubby. Love you, too.) And the losses continue. Keep the coffee coming. Just don't try to live on it! All things...moderation...yadda...you know.