Week One, Weigh in tmrw @ moms

Options
SO week one is narrowing down. So much has happened this week that has impacted my life in a tremendous way; I got a job opportunity working for RGIS. RGIS is a nationally known company that does inventory audits for millions of stores. As well as,I got accepted into Keiser Career College. I went to this college to look into the EMT-B (basic) program and turns out they place you in the EMT-P (paramedic) program in order for you to get the loans; etc. I figured I might has well try to get into the program because later down the road I wanted to become a Paramedic, so why not just jump on the train now. So I took the entrance exam not knowing what I had to get or how they graded it. Once it was completed I was relieved but yet anxious. I sat in the lobby and waited for the rep; she took me back into the same room and told me I exceeded their expectations to get into the program. In order to get in youd have to have an 18, I on the other hand got a 24. =) I'm so stoked for this chance. To become a Paramedic would mean so much to me! So I have two aspects of my life on the right track ; GO ME!

On another note - I've been walking daily and watching my calories. It says I could be putting myself into starvation mode, I don't think I am. If I'm hungry and I have like 300 calories left I usually just drink water or something. I eat three times a day; or at least twice but I do have something to drink for breakfast. But since I've been walking; I do feel myself having more energy and motivation to get things done. I'm thankfully for my mother on showing me this site.

Week one is almost done and many more to come.

Replies

• IMDABEAST
    IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great start...keep the motivation.
  • leiivarius
    Options
    Don't lose your inspiration ♥.
  • galo53
    galo53 Posts: 4
    Options
    Way to go Cait - I'm so proud of you. I wish you the best with college and your new job. Looks like this is your time!!!!

Love you
    Aunt T
  • abbysns
    Options
    Striving to be the new you. That is my goal also. I am as of right now a stay at home mom with a bachelor's in HR and testing to get my real estate brokers license for the state of CO. I would like to begin my new career but in order to do that I have to pass the test. Next weekend hopefully. Anyways, you should always try to eat something small with few calories every 3-4 hrs. Even if you are not hungry. In order to exercise and lose weight you still need enough calories to do both. Starvation mode only helps to put your system into slowmode. So have a carrot or two and keep going. Keep it up and you'll be seeing a skinnier you in no time.

I need to get my career going and then I can work on everything else.