VERY stupid question but......

Options
When you begin to lose a significant amount of weight does your daily calories you are allowed per day go down?

Replies

• Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a stupid question :) No i think it goes up because your energy needs increase. I noticed mine go up each time i lose a bit.
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i'm sure it does. as you update your weight i would assume mfp adjusts your calories too.
    i haven't lost enough yet to know. when doing weight watchers - your "points" went down as your weight went down.
    this should be the same.
  • lingdi
    lingdi Posts: 15
    Options
    It's not a stupid question at all! I think it depends on how close you are to approaching your goal weight and what your current caloric goal is, daily. If you haven't yet reached your goal, stick with the same caloric intake (I'm assuming it'd be around 1200, because that's what mine is for weightloss, but if I'm wrong please correct me!), just make sure you are careful of where you are spending your calories and what workouts you are doing :)
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    wow, see!
    totally opposite of what i ASSUME. = )
  • ThePhatMan
    Options
    Yes, as you go down in weight your body burns less calories. If you add muscle then your calories burned will be greater.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You calories go down, but MFP doesn't automatically adjust it. You have to go and rest your goals with your new lower weight. I do it for every 10 pounds.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    When my daughter loses weight her calories go down
  • lingdi
    lingdi Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes, you should adjust how many calories you take in when you lose weight, but NEVER dip below 1200. That isn't healthy!