Hi! I'm another newbie :)

Options
Well...I've reached bottom. I have never been this big and now my clothes are almost useless! -__- and I'm not feeling any good about myself, and I lack of confidence. I also have low energy levels, and I need tons of it since I am about to start my 6th year on medical studies. So that's it. That's my motivation, but I thought it would be great if I found real people on a similar situation and their success stories :D
I just lurked around some before/after pics of you people and I feel extra motivated!!!! I will make some exercise right away :D
And I wanna wish you a succesful year, :P nice to meet you all! <3

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site! Even with a busy life, you can adapt a new, healthy lifestyle that WILL give you energy! Best of luck, this site is amazing (and addicting)! Feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I have lost 61 pounds since July 4, 2010. I have always been a yo you dieter in the past, but this time I decided it was a lifestyle change, not a diet. I love it here and I know you will too. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel fee to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other.
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Nice to meet you too! And welcome. :) I'm also a student, and I find myself lacking the energy for it sometimes too!
    I hope that you succeed in all of your goals, and keep positive. :DD
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is awesome. Good luck & happy new year :-)
  • prettyungthang
    Options
    I am also a newbie! I was on weight watchers for 6 mos and I lost 16lbs!!! I've been maintaining, but I want to push myself to another level. It looks like this site will help me stay on track. Looking forward to a healthy new year!
  • krazeekat80
    Options
    yeah I'm a newbie too but you sound like you have a great future and after all your hard work in medical studies you can conquer your weight issue. There are lots of us willing to help you.
  • sherilynn65
    sherilynn65 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome, i just started about a week ago and cant believe the ppl on here, talk about motivation and friendliness !!! i was so amazed with site. my daughter and i are doing this together, and just today when she weighed today she has lost 2 pounds already. i am like you i have no willpower and am so tired all the time, that the thought of doing anything physical leaves me drained, but the past week i have been on the stationary bike , i started with 10 min and let me tell you that was the longest 10 min of my life, but now i am up to 20 min and am noticing a big energy difference, it is getting easier to jump on that bike and go, i have lost 2 pounds myself . i love that this is in real time and ppl are actually seeing what your putting on here, i love the calorie counter also it really keeps you on track. i ahve tried to lose the weight before but this really keeps you honest with yourself. just do one thing everyday and soon youll be out there walking a mile everyday. add me as a friend, i give as much motivation as i get, want to wish you luck, it does get easier :flowerforyou: i am also studying the medical field, i want to be a medical assistant.
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    welcome I too am a newbie and just started this site this week. Good luck on your journey you can do it with encouragement from friends family and all of us here! Add me if you want!! I dont know how much help I will be since I am struggling myself! Welcome and I hope you like it!
  • kris2683
    kris2683 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome to MFP, lots of support here. Good luck! I'm sending you a friend request.
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck. We are all in this together. Friend me if you wish.
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You're most definatley NOT alone. I don't know how many times I've felt like the elastic of my pants were stretching to the MAX.... It can be very frustrating. Just stay POSITIVE. :happy:
  • DidiEndless
    Options
    Oh my! thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) I happily accept your friend requests! personal support is exactly what I'm looking for :)<3
    You are all too sweet, really, thanks thanks!