How Pathetic People can make you Doubt Yourself!

Options
TLB86
TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
Just as I was starting to accept and love myself for who I am, a pathetic excuse for a man ruins it!!!

Although I have only lost 22lb / 10kg in over a year (whilst still living) I felt great and relished the fact I can now get into a UK size 16 rather than 18/20. Everybody was commenting on how well I was doing and even my partner noticed a difference and saw that I was happier.

Over the weekend my partners friend had let a 'crettin' snoop through my Facebook to show him who my partner was with, I'm not sure if he meant this maliciously or just to put a face to a name. Cutting a long storey short this guy had commented to my partner 'Is that what your into then? Big titted fat chicks!? Aww do you love THAT?'
I was astonished and hurt as I no longer felt that way about myself but now it's knocked me for 6 and I am beginning to doubt myself!

This guy is a low life that get's drunk/high every night and is waiting on a jail sentence, I know his opinion doesn't count but it still bloody hurts!

P.s. My partner did stand up for me and then came home as he didn't want any trouble from the guy.

Replies

• workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    what an complete and utter *kitten*! Completely understandable how that hurt, Ive had something similar, it makes you angry how a complete stranger can be that nasty to someone. On the bright side, you partner stuck up for you. You are doing well and you said yourself that you feel better, just ignore what this bastarding ****face ***** **** says!!!
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    just wondering why your guy felt the need to tell you what this bloke had said?? surely it would have been much kinder to leave his pathetic opinions behind?

anyhow, you have done great (I am also a slow loser but feel that couple of lbs a month equates to 24lbs over a year !!!) and you need to try and forget (hard I know!) his hurtful comments - as you say who cares what the numpty thinks! xx
  • TLB86
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know it's a little pathetic but hearing positives from others really helps!!

As for my partner he didn't want to tell me, we were just chatting about him being home early from his friends and I pulled it out of him. We've been together 11 years and he knows It's a losing battle when I want to know something lol.
    My other half doesn't want me to say anything to this freak either as he doesn't want him to think it's got to him/us, just made me so :mad: I feel like I show my partner up now being with me. I know he loves me to bits and has never had a problem with any size I was but what do others see when I am out and about!!?. F****ng F**ktard !

Again thanks, just had to shout it out there as it was driving me insane in my own head. :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Your partner relayed the message...how sweet of him.

This probably would have been one of those times he could have relayed a different message...

As well not sure how a stranger can cause you any feelings...wtf cares what some random person thinks...????
  • coneillnh
    coneillnh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You already know the truth: "This guy is a low life that get's drunk/high every night and is waiting on a jail sentence, I know his opinion doesn't count." Good for you for working on your health, and good for your partner for trusting you enough to tell you what the low life had said about you. That can only make your relationship stronger. There is nothing to doubt: you are strong and awesome.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I do agree, why would your SO feel the need to repeat those harsh words? (Just a thought)

I've always saw that about myself with being with my husband. I've always had a weight issue all my life. When I met my hubby (he was extremely fit), I was in the process of losing weight in fact I lost nearly 30 pounds before I met him. After having our child we went to a family member's home. There was my Hubby's aunt there and she made a comment that hurt and haunted me for a LONG time. She said "I always thought that Pablo would be with a skinny girl and Jose with a fat one". (Pablo is my hubby and Jose is his brother). This was told to me by Jose's girlfriend. How hurtful!?

Anyway, don't let this keep you from moving forward with your goals! People will say the stupidest ****, you can't stop them. You just gotta move on as hurtful as it was!
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What a scum-bag. I understand how much a comment like that can hurt you, however you just have to bear in mind that they don't know you and/or the progress that you have made. Don't let them bring you down just because they are probably insecure about things in their own life. It's great that your partner stood up for you. You're doing this for yourself and nobody else! :D
  • squirrelmom102
    squirrelmom102 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That guy is a jerk. You know your partner doesn't agree or he wouldn't have left. Try to restore your confidence, and keep doing what you are doing, it sounds like it works.
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    Personally, I would rather know about negative things people say. I think it hurts worse when I found out people were talking behind my back and someone close to me didn't tell me. I guess everyone is different though.

And to the OP, I know it hurts even when a complete stranger and notorious *kitten* says negative things about us. But chin up, babe. You're doing great and you look great. You're a badass so to hell with him.

And I've never heard any man complain about big titties anyway. I've personally always been lacking in that department. :( At least I'm funny.
  • TLB86
    Options
    I AM DOING THIS FOR ME!!!! Your all right! and thank you for your comments.

As for my other half I know he didn't mean to hurt me, he's not one for thinking on the spot he just says it how it is. I am not mad at him in anyway. I will just carry on what I am doing (maybe a little better than I have been lately ha!!!) and be happy!

1 malicious false comment - 1000 positive ones = 1 hurtful comment
    BUT
    1000 positive comments - 1 malicious false one = 1000 true friends!

Low life? what low life :wink:
  • TLB86
    Options
    Personally, I would rather know about negative things people say. I think it hurts worse when I found out people were talking behind my back and someone close to me didn't tell me. I guess everyone is different though.

And to the OP, I know it hurts even when a complete stranger and notorious *kitten* says negative things about us. But chin up, babe. You're doing great and you look great. You're a badass so to hell with him.

And I've never heard any man complain about big titties anyway. I've personally always been lacking in that department. :( At least I'm funny.

Well my partner doesn't complain ha! Plus I like 'Badass' I AM BADASS... sounds good! Thanks xx
  • Cycle4Life99
    Options
    Just treat whatever this dude said as noise. If he is a drunken, lowlife why should what he say even matter in the slightest?
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options

Well my partner doesn't complain ha!

WIN
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    10363499_707396139306999_6805281889886442669_n.png
  • TLB86
    Options
    10363499_707396139306999_6805281889886442669_n.png

Love it!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My dad used to say "Best to keep the mouth shut and thought a fool then open it and remove all doubt." Don't let the fools get to you.

I remember at one family event where my sister's brother-in-law was asking how I'd lost the weight, and we were just generally talking. He had asked if I'd considered or where I stood on weight loss surgery. I started to explain my thoughts on it (all for it, but if whatever you're doing is working, ride it out first), when his mother butted in that that was the problem with my family - we always researched things to death instead of just doing it and getting it done. I just said, "Ahhh....Okay." and got up and left. Just was like, "Can't get my goat." (another one of my dad's sayings: Can't get my goat if you don't know where it's tied.)

Don't let the fools get your goat!!! You're better than that.