Baby Boomer Seeks Same

Options
cullie
cullie Posts: 10 Member
I was born in the first year of the baby bomers and don't want to turn 65 at this weight! Gained 20 after menopause, then quit smoking 2 years ago and gained another 30. So I need to loose 50 pounds, which is mind-blowing to me! How did I let it get this bad? I would love to have support from similar aged people who know it is going to take us longer than the 20 year olds to be successful. And exercise to me means going up the stairs at this point. I am keeping a food journal and will try very hard to keep the calories to about 1260 a day. All responses appreciated!

Replies

• Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey: Im not a 'baby boomer' but am turning 50 soon. I too have had a battle with the weight for a while and need to shift 84lbs, which is also mindblowing but can be done. I am not really an exercise person, but did buy myself a wii and a board, where i Hula hoop, play tennis and other activities etc to try and do something fun while exercising. If you look at the exercise part of the site, even dusting and cleaning can be counted as an activity. Every movement is an exercise, even walking to the bottom of the garden path. Anyway good luck on your journey, everyone on this site has a story to tell and they are very helpful and motivating :)
  • cullie
    cullie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding! The best thing is that we are both here and actually doing something to stop this insanity - and YES - we will be successful. Let me know your progress and I'll do the same.
  • carmenweathers2015
    Options
    I’m a baby boomer And I have to lose 40 pounds when I took a picture today to send my brother and looked at it I cried I have never been this heavy in my life I am determined to lose all of this weight and I’m here not only to receive encouragement but to give support to others
  • teacherece3727
    teacherece3727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Fellow baby boomer here. Need to lose a ton of weight. I’d love to connect with fellow post menopausal people for support!😀
  • OhioDido
    OhioDido Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    58 yo grandfather here looking to lose weight and get more fit so I can be there for my toddler granddaughters who we’re helping to raise. Always happy to make friends and so we can support each other.