I too am a newbie

Options
I am now on day 4 of my weight loss regime. Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to weigh in on my first day -- no scales -- but I am going to take care of that problem later today. I know I gained weight over the holidays because my clothes began getting depressingly tight. After just 4 days I have more room in my clothing. I also feel better, albeit, I am hungry now whereas before I wasn't hungry. Of course hunger has never been a reason for me to eat. I would eat all the time even though my stomach was full.

Now I have to figure out how to adjust my guestimated weight to my actual weight so I can have a more accurate baseline. I also need to adjust my % and g. to reflect what my body needs to stay out of fasting mode. I have yet to reach 1200 calories a day. Balancing protein and fat seems to be the major problem since these two elements seems to have a mutual admiration society going.

I am 67 almost 68 years old. I still teach part-time. I am shorter now than I was as a young woman. I am not big on exercising beyond walking or swimming. I love chocolate, Diet Coke, iced tea, beef, chicken breasts, carrots, potatoes, green beans, salad greens etc. I do NOT eat liver, cooked green stuff, or anything that spends its life in salt or fresh water and I do not think I am going to make major changes at this point in time.

My daughter turned me on to this site. I showed a couple of friends the site and they have joined too.

Here is to successful weight loss and energy gain.

Replies

• crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WELCOME
  • Kryscave
    Kryscave Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too am new.
    Got this on my iPhone so I can post meals throughout the day.
    So far I'm impressed!:happy:
    Let see if I keep this up.

Wish me luck!

:smile: