Let it snow!

Options
Who knew that living in Alberta/Saskatchewan could be so good for you. We've got a record snow fall and shoveling all that snow burns up the calories like crazy! And all that fresh air!
Only problem is that it's about to get very, very cold..... :wink:

Replies

• eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and send some snow to Florida...The weather is warming up here, and I really miss the snow....
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Hiking in snow is a lot of fun too as is running in it.
  • triben
    triben Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    also try snowshoeing
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    it is beautiful, all sparkles and white!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    we're definately getting hit where I am in SK. I'm thinking of heading out to shovel, even though it's still coming down. Otherwise I may not be able to get out tomorrow!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Aye, get shoveled what you need to before the cold gets here, be rougher to do it in the cold for sure. Trucks in range of the new extension cord for the block heater... we're set here, food in the cupboard... actually I hope for it to cool some so my cooler with extra food will remain frozen. It's been touch and go for a little while, can't wait to get the other freezer.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Now all they need is on MFP is to let us know how many calories we burned not only shovelling snow but pushing a car out and digging snow from under that. lol.

Major storm here in AB, I have been shovelling every 2-3 hours and everytime it looks like I haven't been out at all in days. I love snow it's pretty and you can do so much with it. =)
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    HAHA I have a friend who lives up there and she said they got pounded with snow recently.

I live in BC... Just moved here from Southern CA so its a huge shock its sooooo cold! We are warming up finally! It is currently -1 C. Whooo haha
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hah, no kidding! Digging out vehicles has to be worth quite a few calories on the burnt meter!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    One year I dropped 10 pounds by just adding a half hour of cross country skiing daily. No cuts in calories or anything. Just that added exertion really helped.
  • Goldenwestie
    Goldenwestie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I was shoveling snow yesterday and burned 691 calories - From Scotland