Veggie diet and gym plan ideas needed

Options
After a month break from the gym (changing to a new one due old one being apparently unable to maintain working air-con!!) I'm starting back tonight at a new one. I need ideas for a new workout plan, and any suggestions of food ideas would be great too.

Food - I'm veggie, but other than that I'm not fussy about what I'll eat.

Gym - I can't run too much due to surgery on my hip, and if I do too much cardio I drop a lot of weight. I like doing weights, but have a tendancy to get stuck in a bit of a rut. Ideally I'd like to get my six pack back (had one when I used to run), generally tone/build muscle and get a bigger bum!! lol

I'm currently 5'7" and weigh 9st 6lbs and have a medium build.

Thanks

Suzie x

Replies

• cpollack710
    Options
    Sometimes I work in an app called Sworkit. It is sort of a version of circuit training and has some plyometric exercises as well. You can do full body, cardio, yoga, stretching, etc. through it and can select the length of time that works for you. Due to knee issues, there are some plyometric exercises that I can't do, but I'll run in place or do regular squats or lunges for that 30 seconds instead. It even works in 30 second breaks for rest into the workout for you. You can use it at the gym or just as something to use when you can't get there or are out of town. Some exercises you may want to add free weights to as they may seem far too easy with just your body weight. I'm glad that I have it on my phone as an option when I don't want to be back on the eliptical or stationary bike for the 5th time this week.