Getting back on track

Options
I joined MFP quite awhile ago, but lost steam. I am now back on track! I did lose 15 pounds the first go round and kept it off. I am now taking accountability and am re-energized!

Replies

• 9Chelle28
    9Chelle28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Kind of been through the same thing. Lost a bunch of weight before my wedding two years ago and then ended up gaining it all back plus a few extra pounds. Sometimes it is just so hard to stick with it. I think my problem that time was that I expected myself to stick with something too restricting as my doctor had me eating 1,000 calories a day and taking phentermine. Once I went off the pills it was just too hard to stick with it. Trying to do it naturally this time and with more realistic goals. I hoped by coming to this site and seeing others success stories and getting encouragement from others I would have more success. Good luck in your journey!
  • krubio58
    krubio58 Posts: 11
    Options
    TY! Good luck to you, as well! I am trying it simply and slowly. I will not be starving myself because I will be eating at least 2000 a day. I am also going low carb and have found some wonderful resources with advice and recipes.
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome back! I too went away for a long while..and now that i am motivated to lose the weight i am more active here. It does help to know there are others with the same struggles and accomplishments....we are not alone! :)

Good luck!
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats on keeping the 15 off!! That's quite an accomplishment. A fresh start is good. I wish you much luck!!
  • krubio58
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the encouragement. Good luck to you all!
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to get back on track too. it's so easy to gain back the weight. I won't let myself get back to where I started. But, i've gained 15 pounds from my lowest weight. Time to lose it again. None of my clothes fit right anymore. We can do this!!
  • krubio58
    Options
    Yes we can do it!
  • singasong999
    Options
    Me too, it gets to the point when you think," its just one sweet what is the big deal it will be ok I have worked it off allready" it might not hurt my goal, but its hurts my" lets do this thing" way of thinking.
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I lost around 36lbs and then had surgery on my back which meant no exercise, needless to say I gained most of it back.Things are better now and I'm back at the gym, full of renewed energy and optimism. Good luck all.