Dr. Oz 48-hour Cleanse

Options
Hey everyone! Has anyone actually tried the "Dr. Oz 48-hour Cleanse"? I'm looking for a safe cleanse to do this weekend that can help my colon and liver. It looks pretty legit, but I'm just curious if anyone has tried it.

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Has anyone actually tried the "Dr. Oz 48-hour Cleanse"? I'm looking for a safe cleanse to do this weekend that can help my colon and liver. It looks pretty legit but I'm just curious if anyone has tried it.

Not even a little bit.

Cleanses aren't necessary. You have several organs that do the job for you.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    We are already cleaning machines
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Has anyone actually tried the "Dr. Oz 48-hour Cleanse"? I'm looking for a safe cleanse to do this weekend that can help my colon and liver. It looks pretty legit, but I'm just curious if anyone has tried it.
    Did you stick something in your colon and liver that needs cleaned out?

If you feel the need to cleanse, drink extra water.

oh..and stay away from what Dr Oz is peddling
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Anything with the words "Dr. Oz" in it can pretty much be discarded as nonsense.

Anything with the word "cleanse" it it can pretty much be discarded as nonsense.

Something that contains BOTH???? Good gravy, put your running shoes on and run as fast as you can the other way.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Disclaimer #1 **I have not tried the cleanse**

Hey! So I looked up the cleanse (just to see what we're working with). I think most of the recipes sounds good. I also like the fact you don't have to buy any of his "special products" in order to do it (ie scam!). However, it all seems like not very much food. Why don't you try the tings he suggested, but also throw in some chicken breast, or in the soup throw in some beans and extra veggies like carrots to bump it up a little., maybe add a chopped banana to breakfast. All healthy additions without weighing you down.

I get really cracky and unhappy when I eat little/unsubstantial food. Personally I'd take the idea of his cleanse (cause it doesn't look all bad -- breakfast actually looks pretty interesting) but just add some healthy and more substancial food to it.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Does Dr. Oz use the products that he advertises?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz tells you to do something, do the opposite of what he says.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    droz.jpg
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Last time I sat down and watched Dr. OZ (cuz my wife was watching it), he himself has said that there are many products with his name on it that he has not endorsed. So, this might be one of those products some company is using his name, that he hasn't really endorsed. Be vigiliant!

Edited Because my English sucks sometimes. Damn you auto correct!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Disclaimer #1 **I have not tried the cleanse**

Hey! So I looked up the cleanse (just to see what we're working with). I think most of the recipes sounds good. I also like the fact you don't have to buy any of his "special products" in order to do it (ie scam!). However, it all seems like not very much food. Why don't you try the tings he suggested, but also throw in some chicken breast, or in the soup throw in some beans and extra veggies like carrots to bump it up a little., maybe add a chopped banana to breakfast. All healthy additions without weighing you down.

I get really cracky and unhappy when I eat little/unsubstantial food. Personally I'd take the idea of his cleanse (cause it doesn't look all bad -- breakfast actually looks pretty interesting) but just add some healthy and more substancial food to it.

Also! I just saw the last page talked about an Epsom salt bath.

I've done this one like 10 times and I feel AMAZING the next morning, especially when I'm feeling sick.

http://beautybets.com/2011/03/04/natural-cold-remedy-bath-soak/
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    No.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    OP, anything you see that is in any way related to Dr. Oz, completely ignore. Don't read it, watch it, try it...just ignore it.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Most of Dr. Oz's advice seems to be geared toward marketing and selling trendy products that he likely has a vested interest in. I work directly with about 50 physicians and most do NOT speak highly of him or of his promotion of dubious cleanses, herbals and/or snake oil.

Nothing beats a healthy diet and exercise. The rest seems superfluous.

think-dr-oz-is-a-quack-f1f9b0.jpg
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    LOL

That is all!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    For colon cleansing I recommend Metamucil (or any fiber) and plenty of water. For liver cleansing - water.

Your body does a fine job of detoxing itself. No need to shell out good money for silly stuff like 'cleanses'.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    No scientific evidence to support that cleanses are necessary. This is usually a ploy for the seller to make money off pseudoscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    1345655962201.gif
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Next thing,someone will be complaining about the "lack of supportive posts".

Ya big meanies...........:tongue:
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No!

Watch this, it is exactly about what you are talking about:

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/2013-2014/detox-challenge

at the end, the doctors couldn't tell the difference between the control group and the group on the cleanse because the cleanse DOES NOTHING.
  • cnl91_W
    cnl91_W Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOL asking this site about Dr. Oz and Cleanses is basically asking to be yelled at. Dr. Oz is a quack, and your body does all the cleansing it needs.