My first success....

Options
Well just had my first week.
Lost 6lb apparently.

I think my scales are broken, no way could that be right.
Thought you were only supposed to lose 2.

Replies

• javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I lost 4 my first week, too. I think that isn't uncommon for the first week or two as you are losing water weight, etc. with reduced sodium intake, etc. My understanding is that it isn't a concern unless that rate of loss continues after the second week. I am so thrilled for you! 6 pounds is a big accomplishment! Look at 24 sticks of butter - that is what you lost! You go girl!
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    Oh my gosh!
    24 sticks of butter!!
    Thats mad!

Thats put it all into context :)
  • Jody1949
    Jody1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I ttoo lost six lbs this first week. I din't expect it will continue to go so fast, but doesn't it feel good right now. keep up the good work.
    Jody
  • Patrieka
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs my first week and now its leveled off. Enjoy the quick losses and keep up the good work!
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 -- just finished my first week! Only shooting for 1.5 lbs/week, but sure is nice to have a jump start like this. Congratulations everybody on your successes!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. thats great!
  • XLMKX
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    I thought I was having a false victory there!!
  • alex51026
    Options
    6 pounds the first week for me as well. I started drinking a TON of water and i'm sure it flushed my system. Keep up the awesome work1
  • k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes, this is my first week doing a low-carb plan and it's really working. I expect the rate might slow down, but I'm just glad to have had a good start! Good for you!
  • janack
    janack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That first week is always the easiest and fastest weight loss. A lot of it is water weight so you shouldn't feel as "bloated". It will start to come off slower after that, you just have to stick with it! I think I lost about 6 my first week too, and the last 4 pounds have been a lot work.
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    Enjoy your success! I get a lot of "Oh, you're only supposed to lose 1-2 pounds" or "Oh, that's just water weight" or "Yeah, that will wear off soon" and the truth is those people just don't know. I lost 8 pounds my first week, the second week I lost a lot less, but who knows. When you change your lifestyle, your body reacts. Some weeks I barely lose a pound, some weeks I lose several. Every body is different. Just make sure you are getting the exercise and nutrients you need (protein, water, fiber, vitamins) and logging your diet/exercise, and forget the rest :)

I wish you continued progress, success, and joy on this journey!
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little discourage this was my first week and I haven't lost any weight. I'm really going to push myself this week.
  • donnas_sdp
    donnas_sdp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I lost 5 lbs my first week and feel confident that the weight loss will continue but maybe not at 5 lbs a week, but that would be nice! I've tried all kinds of diets but this time I'm just eating heathy and watching my portions. Seems to be working so far!
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the weight loss!! The first few weeks, in my experience, always come with big numbers. :)
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am so excited ..lost 7lbs - yes I know water weight but I am thrilled to the core .. ah how about I am thrilled to the rolls!
    Anyway congratulations everyone one week down and on our way to our goals*** Yippeeeee.
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Very good! You must have made some great changes! Congrats!
  • homemom3
    Options
    Congrats! It is very possible, I lost 6.5 in my first week and I kept hearing you were only suppose to lose 2. Can't wait to follow your progress.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    I lost 6kg (12 pounds) my 1st week , then I didnt lose any for the next few weeks.
    Its an amazing feeling when you lose big numbers , the battle is not to get discouraged when they arent as big.
  • XLMKX
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    I really appreciate your help :D

xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!