Quote of the Day

Options
I love quotes! They inspire and motivate me. Feel free to share your favorites too. Here is one that I found on top of my fridge this morning when I was cleaning.

What saves a man is to take a stop. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Replies

• ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    I found this one and have it written down in different locations and have passed it on to my sons...

"FAILURE ISN'T FALLING DOWN..... IT'S STAYING DOWN"

i have decided i have been down long enuf. and i am climbing my weigh back up -1lb at a time.
  • ljbouse
    Options
    another for the lovely ladies....... (sorry guys)

"HOUSEWORK DOESN'T SUCK, IF IT DID MEN WOULD LOVE IT"

LOL have that hanging on my frig.....
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    All you have is this moment shining like a star in your hand and melting like a snowflake.
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    STFU and do it!
  • ljbouse
    Options
    STFU and do it!

LOVE IT!!!!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win."

--Zhuge Liang
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Born to win I REFUSE to lose! - Papoose
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    "How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself" - Anais Nin

My other fave quote is in my signature
  • runheather
    Options
    "How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself" - Anais Nin

• runheather
    Options

• runheather
    Options
    I absolutely love this quote!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Three of my faves are in my signature. A few others are these...

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not the pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."-Jane Austen

"A Woman's Rule Of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it". -Unknown

"I'll pick up the pieces, I'll carry on somehow, Tape the broken parts together, And limp this love around" - PJ Harvey
    "A room without books is a body without a soul" - Cicero

"Trust is given. In any relationship, it is the hardest thing to earn and the easiest to lose. In fact, the only words harsher that 'I don't love you anymore' are 'I don't trust you anymore'. The former has everything to do with someone else. There is nothing you can do about a change of heart. The latter has everything to do with you." -From the novel Ghost Girl: Homecoming

From Inkheart:
    Elinor Loredan: But I just adore everything Persian.
    Meggie Folchart: You've been to Persia, then?
    Elinor Loredan: Yes, a hundred times. Along with St. Petersburg, Paris, Middle-Earth, distant planets and Shangri-la. And I never had to leave this room. Books are adventure. They contain murder and mayhem and passion. They love anyone who opens them.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Beautiful young people are accidents of nature,
    But beautiful old people are works of art. Elenore Roosevelt.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    From "A league of their Own". Conversation between Geena Davis and Tom Hanks when Davis has decided to leave the league.

"It just got too hard."
    "It's supposed to be hard. If it weren't hard, everyone would do it. Hard is what makes it great."