at home exercise help!

Options
HI! I have been wanting to ask if there are exercises i can do at home to lose weight. i don't have my license yet, so i can't drive to a gym. My parents also work real late so i don't even have a ride to a gym at all! is there any exercises i can do to be able to lose weight faster? i have a trampoline in the backyard, i din't know if that will help! Please help!

thank you so much!

Replies

• jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Trampolines are VERY good exercise!!! Just start jumping and you will quickly see!! Jumping jacks, squats, leg kicks. If you google it, there are actually lots of things you can do!!! Good luck !!!! :wink:
  • redblack0803
    Options
    Next time you're at Target, pick up a video. Or, if you have FitTv on the tv, they have great shows (yoga, belly dancing, aerobics) that you can record and do when you have time.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Get an exercise video to do, or do jump rope/jumping jacks. You can do the motions without any equipment. Go for walks/runs to burn great calories. Situps, pushups and planks for strength and toning.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If you can get to Target or Walmart, pick up Jillian Michales No More Trouble Zones or 30 Day Shred. Both are about $10 and all you need is 3 pound hand weights, a DVD player and TV, maybe a mat if you don't have carpet.
    Those are two DVD's that will show a ton of improvement if you do them and eat right.
    Good luck.
    Stephanie
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Hi! If you go on the internet you can get all kind of exercise workouts for home such as crunches, sit-ups, leg raises. When you are out shopping with your mother or a friend you can pick up some inexpensive dvd's that you can do at home. Good Luck.

Liliane
  • Temperantia
    Options
    -Exercise DVDs
    -Jump Rope is KILLER
    -Running up and down stairs
    -Buy an exercise ball - just sitting on it tones your stomach
    -Dancing like a lunatic in your bedroom :P
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you dont have the WII..get it..and get Just Dance 2 & Zumba..that will keep you occupied and Sore!! :bigsmile:
  • dbangley
    Options
    I highly recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDS and her walk club web site. you do not need much space-the workout seems easy- but it really really works.
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    Do you have stairs? Sometimes I walk up and down my stairs or do "step" aerobic moves at the bottom step. It burns some calories. Or go on demand and check out exercise tv. You can always do crunches and lunges and squats, but they are not cardio.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i agree with the whole dancing like a maniac thing. a pedometer is good if you want to walk around but definitely get on the computer and look up a station called pandora, and put any kind of music on that and just dance away. you forget you are even exercising doing that.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    dance dance dance all night long
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    You want a fun exercise with great music, get a Zumba DVD or the game Zumba for you game console... It is the hottest craze and when you are old enough you can even teach it when you become license.. You will lose a bunch of weight without even realizing it!!!

It is so much fun!!!!

Believe me I'm a living testimony.. When I started Zumba March 16, 2010, I weighed in at a whopping 265 I now weight 207, thats after I gained 10 pounds back over the holiday, thence here on this site so I can monitor my calorie intake and lose my goal weight of a 100 pounds in 1 year just teaching Zumba and eating correctly!!!!

If your interested go to ZUMBA.COM find a class near you and even get your MOM, AUNT, SIster, Uncle, Dad, Brother whoever you can to take you to one, you will love it and so will they, I promise!!!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Yes, dance like a maniac is great. I love putting on Pandora.com and dancing until I am dripping!!! Also, the trampoline totally rocks. When ours is set up in the summer, if I put on ankle weights and hold ten pound hand weights I burn more calories doing different moves on it than any other form of exercise that I have tried!

Best of luck!

D
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree with SweetSexy. If you have a Wii, definitely get ' Just Dance 2'. I sweat a lot to that plus it's a blast! I also suggest 'Wii Sports Active'. It is awesome.