Dietbet - 4 or 10

Options
Hi all. Are any of you out there doing the Dietbet 10 that just started? I am, it started today. It is a six month program so a marathon instead of a dash. I've connected it to myfitnesspal and to fitbit (I have the One and the Aria scale). Anyway, just looking for anyone else that wants to share the journey. Cheers!:happy: :happy: :wink: :love: :smile:

Replies

• bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thought about doing it...but im always broke lol
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in 3 of the DB10's and 3 of the DB4's, plus running a few of my own DB4's. I find all the games and the money on the line is a great motivator! I've earned several hundred dollars on the site so far this year and lost a nice amount of weight!
  • igotthis1234
    Options
    oh wow- good for you- im in a dietbet right now- it ends in 5 days and i need to lose .9lbs to make it...but im planning on signing up for another one-which ones are you running? i can join one-thanks
  • tengounnombre
    tengounnombre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i'm not doing the dietbet 10 -- i don't like the way it's structured and feel like i would burn out quickly from stressing over every. single. day. for 6 months -- but i did just complete my first dietbet 4 about two weeks ago. it was a HUGE motivator for me, knowing that i had to really commit or i was out money. plus, i ended up making almost $19 after winning, so... that's a plus in my book. looking for another dietbet 4 [or two...] to join with my winnings, but nothing's standing out to me yet. :/
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! After reading your post, I think I will join a game. This may be the push I need to really get it going.
  • tengounnombre
    tengounnombre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just jumping back over here to say that I ended up joining one! FFTFC's Summer DietBet. It's a $25 bet and already a week in, but I'm pretty confident that I'll be okay dropping 4% in 3 weeks (especially since I did my weigh-in right after eating lunch and drinking two full glasses of water... Oops. The excitement of a new DietBet got the better of me...)
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i did the last '4' one and i totally lost hahaha. id like to do the 10 but didnt have the money to sign up this time. i'll do the next one if funds allow
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I just finished a DietBet 4. I had gained back a lot of weight, so it was a good kickstart to get back on track. I was thinking about doing another one, but 4% of your body weight is a lot to lose in 4 weeks. It was a little stressful.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in one of the 10's, it just ended it's 3rd month and I haven't lost anything! I have 2 months to lose 35 lbs, won't happen I don't think. I thought joining would motivate me but it seems to do the opposite! I already lost two 4's that I joined previously. I joined the 10 thinking I actually had the full 6 months to lose 10%, I didn't read about the structure until after I paid! I might join another one if I can get on a steady consistent pattern of losing lbs.

Good luck to you!
  • FitNFab_Hayes
    FitNFab_Hayes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not familiar with that, gonna check it out! Good luck to you!
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in two right now, a 10 (the Transformer that started Jan. 7) and a 4 FFTFC that ends on June 28. :-)

They both definitely keep me on track, I hate to lose at games. Especially when money is involved.
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started a $10 Dietbet for the Month Of July, if interested shoot me a message :)
  • milyba
    milyba Posts: 49
    Options
    Bump
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a DietBet 4 that ends on the 10th of July.
  • I3righti3lue24
    I3righti3lue24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    just started my first, its starts July 15 (Diet 10), need to get a mirror before than since I can never get on the scale when my hubby is home lol.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Do what I do - use a timer app on your smartphone to set up a timed picture. 15 seconds gives me lots of time to set the phone up and jump on the scale for the full body shot. Cheaper than a mirror :-)

I've lost about 45 pounds so far this year, with DietBet being a big part of the reason. Feel free to friend me there if you'd like:

http://www.dietbetter.com/player-profile/142645
  • angie007az
    Options
    Do what I do - use a timer app on your smartphone to set up a timed picture. 15 seconds gives me lots of time to set the phone up and jump on the scale for the full body shot. Cheaper than a mirror :-)

I've lost about 45 pounds so far this year, with DietBet being a big part of the reason. Feel free to friend me there if you'd like:

http://www.dietbetter.com/player-profile/142645

Thanks for the tip. My hubby takes my pics but nice to know about the timer app.
  • angie007az
    Options
    I just won a DietBet 4 that ended on July 10th. I joined another one that starts on August 12th. It's a 4 week and ends on Sept. 8th.

My profile: http://www.dietbetter.com/player-profile/103063

I've lost 20% of my weight. Love the game!
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just joined a Dietbet 4 "Big Summer Blowout". I am super excited. I will not lose when money is involved. :smile:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here's doing THE SCALE IS TOO D*MN HIGH? The challenge starts in 2 days; it'll be my first!