Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream

Options
I saw this recipe on a cooking show today and just had to try it.

Cut up a banana into 1 inch slices and put in the freezer until frozen. When frozen put in the food processor and blend until creamy. Really you can stop the recipe here and just have the frozen banana mush which tastes just like ice cream, or you can add some peanut butter. I added half a tablespoon of peanut putter and it was yummy. I was thinking of adding some choc chips instead of the peanut butter next time.

On the cooking show they added honey, but you really don't need it - the banana is sweet enough on its own.

(Darn ticker - I just added it today so it doesn't show any loss. Ive obviously used this site off and on for a few years, but I've lost 2 pounds in this latest quest)

Replies

• 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious I am going to try this, It is so cold in Minnesota tonight, I can set the bananas on my deck and will enjoy this in a hour or so!:laugh:
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Totally trying that tonight...I was wondering what I was going to do with that one just too ripe for my taste banana. Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • KimBledsoe
    Options
    Bump!!! I love anything with peanut butter in it. Can't wait to try this.
  • Dubby62
    Dubby62 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Well this sounds like one to try. I have ideals now running through my mind.....In a good way though! Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    sounds so good!! and about the ticker you can update it to show your progress! go under tools above your profile and click on ticker then update!!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    can't wait to try this! YUMMY
  • middlegoss
    Options
    Hey I watched that same show today and thought about trying it!! Does anyone know the calorie, fat etc......?? It looked delicious on TV and seemed real easy. Thanks for sharing!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you were closer, I'd kiss you! (Scary, I know.)

Seriously -- thank you so much! I always have leftover bananas and throw them in the freezer. I use them in smoothies, but this is even easier -- esp. since I have a hand-held immersion blender!

I wonder how it would be with a bit of Swiss Miss 25 calorie cocoa mix stirred in ...
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    middlegoss -- I'm just planning to add each ingredient separately. 1 banana, however much peanut butter, etc.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I saw that today also. Claire Robinson's show 5 ingredient. Got my bananas in the freezer now. I can't wait.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yum!! That sounds so good! And I even have the ingredients for it on-hand. I think I'll go stick a banana in the freezer now for tomorrow.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    LOL, that is funny, you saw this on 5 ingredient fix, right? I have a banana in the freezer right now cause I thought it sounded great too. There have been posts, on here before, about the frozen banana ice cream but I had never seen/heard about adding peanut butter or anything else. I am going to add chocolate PB2 to mine.
  • middlegoss
    Options
    Thanks!! Sounds good to me!! My bananas are freezing now!!
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! AWESOME idea for us lactose intolerant people, too! :)
    I'll try it for sure!
  • karenmf
    Options
    Yes - it was the 5 Ingredient show!

I calculated it as a recipe and it came up with 153 cals, 30 carbs, 5 grams of fat and 5 grams of protein. Cals will depend on the size of the banana you use and what you add to it.

And thanks for the ticker tip - I've updated now!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yummy - bump!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Eating mine now. Very enjoyable!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I made this for my kids tonight......amazing.

Except when I put the bananas in the food processor, I got nothing creamy---just crumbled banana. So we added the pnbutter and a splash of chocolate milk----it seriously came out like custard!!!!! I snuck a taste, and it was incredibly amazing.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This is AKA Vegan Soft-Serve.

When I make mine I add a few TBSP of almond milk, some chia seeds, either PB or chocolate, or some other frozen fruits. It's always such a nice treat. I love having mine with oatmeal. If you want some awesome recipes for this treat check out www.ohsheglows.com/ and search for Vegan Soft-Serve. You'd be surprised what a little creativity can get you :bigsmile:
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump