I'm new here, and...

Options
I was wondering about any tips or tricks that work for you personally? I am 5'5 and currently weigh 125. But I want to go down to about 115-118(This is reasonable, right?). I exercise very little(But do have the time for it. It's just hard to get motivated...:embarassed: ), but I am sort of active(I walk around, take stairs, go on walks, etc. But no 'workouts' or 'workout periods.') I eat pretty normal meals, but I'm cutting down on calories and am watching what I eat. I don't have rules such as 'no bread/carbs' or 'only veggies/fruits,' but I'm wondering if those help? What exercises work for you? How do you stay motivated? Thank you, and I can't wait to hear your responses. :D I'm really excited for this.

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    You are young and healthy--why are you not exercising? Get a bike, join a running club, enter a 5K, do yoga or zumba, join a sports team, get off the couch young lady!! I'm 54 and running 20-30 miles a week and lifting weights. You have no excuse for being sedentary. Now, after reading you the riot act, congratulations on showing up here and taking steps toward a healthier you. Move and stop eating too much junk. That it all.
  • Glens_Life
    Glens_Life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I enjoy going to the gym and weight lifting but dont much care for cardio. I look forward to the gym and what Im working on today. Just gotta find what you lke and that way it doesnt feel like a chore.

Log everymeal preferably before you eat it. I eat mostly clean foods and some other stuff like take out. Ive learned one thing eat what you like and track it that way you dont feel restricted.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    that's on the really low end of a healthy weight for your height. So, while it may be achievable, note that it might not be easy, and depending on your bone structure and lean muscle mass, it also might not be look you want (although, it's hard to say until you get there).

My recommendation would be to not aim to lose fast - aim for 1/2 lb per week (since you don't have much to lose). And get some exercise. Resistance training / strength training of some sort is more likely to help you get the lean look you're after.
  • Goodmitch
    Goodmitch Posts: 7
    Options
    I like your response, get up and move..no excuses for being a couch potato. I am tracking week 2 and loving the outdoors for exercise. Great time to change.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • PersianParadoxic
    Options
    Thank ya'll so much! :D I'm going to take this to heart, and I'm going to get moving!