Motivation Needed

Options
DLJ_77
DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
Hi! I have been using myfitnesspal off and on for about 8 months. I had weight loss success earlier in 2010 when I lost 20 pounds only to gain 25 back. I have decided that this is the time to begin the journey again. My friend wants me to run a 1/2 marathon with her on May 1st. I am not sure if that is too loft a goal or not, but I am going to give it a try! I am motivated now, but I worry that I will just forget about my long terms goals like I typically do. Any help would be much appreciated:-) Good luck to all of you!

Replies

• ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    this is a great place for motivation and support!!! welcome to MFP!!!:happy:
  • arbtigger
    arbtigger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back! I am actually brand new to MFP this week. But I like what I've seen so far. I too have lost weight just to gain it back. I am struggling with the same 10 lbs right now actually. I send you a friend request as I'd love to share support and ideas with you! I have finally realized I can't do this alone.
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! I started training for my first half about 6 months before i ran it. I now LOVE running. I started running July, and now my normal runs are at least 4 miles 4 days a week and a long run of 7 or more miles. It takes effort, and YOU CAN DO IT!!!