Which wine is low calories?

Options
Just wondered which wine has the lowest calories? Sometimes you just fancy one glass to take the edge off and i wondered what name of wine aswell/ from shop x

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    They're all going to be pretty much the same. The vast vast majority of wines (red and white) are going to have calorie counts ranging from 23-26 calories per ounce. It would be awfully rare to find one outside of that range (though I'm sure they exist). I just log it as 25 calories/ounce no matter what kind I'm drinking.

Sorry, let me edit to add a caveat - some sparkling wines, non-traditional fruit wines (like Boone's Farm type stuff) and dessert wines like port are going to be higher calorie. I was basing my first comment off of standard Pinot Grigio/Sauvignon Blanc/Merlot type stuff.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Dry whites or champagne are the lowest - sauvignon blanc, chablis, pinot grigio.
  • xToniBx
    xToniBx Posts: 27
    Options
    Oh right, normally i have sweet wine but white, echo falls, blossom hill, silverlight (think thats what its called, sometimes the cheap ones etc
  • michelejc7
    Options
    Look up champagnes if you like them, they are suppose to be lower calorie.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Dry whites are your lowest, and sparkling wines. There are "lower calorie!" wines on the market, but they are also lower alcohol, so I would drink more LOL
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    The last time I was in the liquor store they had a tasting table for a brand called Skinny Wine. It supposedly has fewer calories than "normal" wines, but I declined the free sample so I don't know if it is any good.
  • tudazies
    tudazies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know of two brands one called Skinny Girl(its the Bethany Franklin one)which is 80 calories don't remember the exact amount. Also one called Skinny Grape also 80 calories again don't remember the exact serving size but i have tried both an they are fairly nice size glasses. Here in Canada I get them at my local LCBO.
  • citrusy
    citrusy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Most wines have roughly 100 cal per serving (which I believe is 5oz)