What do you do to distract yourself from eating?

Options
I go on my computer and listen to music while browsing the internet.
Another thing I could do is work out.

Any other ideas?

Replies

• hiphopbunnie
    Options
    i know this sounds weird but i sip warm water lol
  • ToniJ123
    ToniJ123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself busy being productive. For example, find a cause you're passionate about and volunteer your time. Giving to others is a great way to keep your mind off your own issues.
  • LaurenBrooke1843
    LaurenBrooke1843 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Working out is a great distraction :)
    I also love doing puzzles, planning my next days meals, finding new low calorie recipes, talking to friends, ect. Painting my nails is always a good distraction too, can't eat while my nails are wet! :)
    It's also a lot easier if you recognize your hunger patterns so that in the future you can plan low calorie snacks/meals for the times you typically start getting hungry.
  • zuniguy
    zuniguy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every time i try to sit around watching TV or get on my computer, I get hungry ( I think that's how i got fat in the first place lol) What I do to distract my self from eating is to get out of the house. Whether you're outside jogging or just sitting down enjoying the breeze. For some reason my body just gets hungry when im just doing nothing. My favorite thing to do is to go out to my local book store and just pick a nice book, find a comfortable spot, and let my mind recreate the scenes in the book i'm reading. Its especially nice when you're drinking a nice hot cup of Joe.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I usually work out such as play tennis or take walks with my husband, or go to gym classes. I also like to do online shopping, chat with friends over the phone, plan my next day's meals and snacks, and play computer games. :)

What would probably be most effective is to find an activity that requires you to use both hands, such as knitting, so you truly have no means to eat! ;)
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For some reason I leave my TV on the food channel and that somehow satiates me. I don't really know why.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that I'm choosing not to eat, but that I can eat if I truly want. It's just delayed gratification. It works most of the time.

I also became comfortable with the idea of hunger. It's not your enemy and eventually it'll pass.