easy breakfast ideas

Options
i go to work early and i work on a sod farm so we work late to and have quick lunches any ideas would be helpful

Replies

• faith
    faith Posts: 7
    Options
    i go to work early and i work on a sod farm so we work late to and have quick lunches any ideas would be helpful
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Well I am not sure on a whole lunch but how about a boiled egg to add in. It would help keep you satisfied. Fruit and vegies are good also. But I think since your job is probably pretty physical a sandwich made of a whole grain bread would be good.

Do you have any thing available to you to warm foods up?
  • antnterrsmommy
    Options
    I have to eat quick in th morning too....do you like to prepare in advance??? if so and you like eggs, heres a great ideas...the will last in the fridge for a few days..

1 pkg frozen chopped spinach
    3/4 cup egg beaters
    3/4 shredded reduced fat cheese
    1/4 cup diced green pepper
    1/4 cup diced onion

change the veggies if you dont like those

Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 min...drain excess h20
    line a 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray w fat free cooking spray

mix ingrediants, pour into baking cupa bake at 350 for 20 min

you can freeze these too and reheat in the microwave...

this is a recipe i got from the south beach diet years ago and i still love it

eat 2 quiches, some fruit too or a yogurt

77 calories, 9 protein, 3 carbs, 3 fat, 2 sat fat, 160 mg sodium and 10 colesterol...2 fiber...yumm
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    That sounds great! When I'm actually awake I'll have to reread your suggestions and perhaps make myself some quiches. Thanks!
    Shelly
  • Stepho84
    Options
    I work early and drive a long commute, so I'll drink a slimfast shake omw. Eggs are great too bcuz not only are they quick to cook, but the high levels of protein make you feel satified long enough to wait for lunch.
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    A favorite of mine is: 1/4 cup of lite vanilla yogurt, strawberries and bananas, a couple cubes of ice a few ounces of your favorite juice (pineapple, OJ, etc) and blend it into a smoothie. Quick and Easy, and quite satisfying. :happy:
  • Joaner
    Joaner Posts: 1
    Options
    I am going to try those too. I too have a commute and don't usually have time to cook something. Joaner
  • akellyking1977
    Options
    A nice bowl of Special K does it for me most mornings. I love the Special K with Strawberries. It's YUMMY!
  • Uptownerd
    Uptownerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Muesli and yoghurt for me, it takes me 1 minute to put into seperate containers, and then 20 seconds to smush it all up at work (I eat at my desk).
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    Porridge / Soya milk , + Flax Seed, Raisins, Banana, Pineapple

Less than 5 mins completed :bigsmile:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 cup light yogurt (vanilla or strawberry)
    1 cup sugar free lemonade

Combine all to make a smoothie. I have a "magic bullet" type of blender. DELICIOUS! (Only 150 cal). Great for an afternoon "treat," too. I feel so indulged when I make this.........:wink:
  • clcomb3
    clcomb3 Posts: 10
    Options
    wow this souinds great and only 77 cal ? right up my alley