I'm hungry after dinner

Options
I ate a satisfying dinner around 6PM, and it's 9PM and my tummy is growling. What gives? I'm active meaning I work out and eat right throughout the day. SHould I snack more?

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Maybe some fruit or a light snack.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you have enough room in your daily calories, try a handful of almonds or unsalted peanuts.
  • arbtigger
    arbtigger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue tonight and I decided to eat an apple and it really worked. I am totally satisfied now.
  • Annelynette
    Options
    Keep drinking your water. Eat some blueberries and/or celery stick with just a hint of peanut butter. You'll be satisfied and not feel guilty. Good luck. WE CAN DO THIS THING! Anne
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the others, apples and the cinnamon almonds from Target :) they will do the trick fo sho
  • amandadrsg
    amandadrsg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try a cup of tea with a tablespoon of honey and a handful of almonds or a boiled egg.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I did not look at your diary but I know that when I eat carbs for dinner, I am always hungry an hour or 2 after. make sure you have enougth proteines.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I have to agree with the others, apples and the cinnamon almonds from Target :) they will do the trick fo sho

Cinnamon almonds? Sounds yummy!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This has been happening to me all week! Carb-based dinners really are not diet-friendly, I'm learning. :frown: Now I make sure I have at least 100 cal left for an evening snack.

I've found that I really like a soothing low-cal, low-sodium broth-based cup of soup. My favorite so far is this wakame (seaweed) soup I found in the Asian food section at my grocery store. It comes in these little packets that make 1 cup each. I sift out most of the salty powder so all that's left are the mushroom, tofu, seaweed and sesame seeds. I also like edamame, as it's high in protein and makes you slow down when you eat it because you have to pop the beans out of the pods. Sparkling water is good, too, as the carbonation fills you up and you're getting in more water.
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    a cup of grapes always does it for me and it's only about 110 calories
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I usually have a big glass of water and some non-fat cottage cheese when those cravings start. The protein fills you up fast, but one serving is only 90 calories.
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from hun as same happens with me. I have weightwatchers cookies as there are 2 in a pack. or apple or cottage cheese one snack jack with sliced fresh tomato if I have plenty calories left.
    Should never be hungry on a diet as thats when you know you are doing it right and loosing weight.
    Make sure have good meals that are filling. I know its hard sometimes. I have the eat smart meals from morrisons with garden peas or other veg. really nice and filling.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    a cup of grapes always does it for me and it's only about 110 calories

Yes! :) And I freeze mine so it takes longer to eat them. ;)