WHY?! WHYYY????!!! >:(

Options
Sinisterly
Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
Someone tells you they're not interested... You try harder. WHY!?!
Not interested means not interested... Okay, so they then start talking to you... Because you feel bad saying no...

Then you come on even stronger?!

SRSLY???

Is this a guy thing or do girls do this too? Just wondering..

But yeah I'm just going to shut up lol

Oh. HAIIII mfp.

Replies

• SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Im thinking exactly the same thing!!
    People should stop trying so damn hard, and back off cause pushing isnt going to help your cause at all!

Do girls do that to?
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    There's this dude right now trying so hard and I'm like WHAT?! No..

I've never done that, so I'm also wondering if any males have across females that also do that hahahaha
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing. Eventually the conversation gets to the point where it's just plain awkward. Guys and girls do it, and it's just ridiculous. I can confirm from personal experience that sometimes the girls can be even worse, and this is coming from someone who is totally fine with most female advances.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Back when I used to bartend, I worked with this older woman who was extremely aggressive. I was engaged at the time, but also I just wasn't interested in her. She would stare at me like she was going to lock me in her basement while we were at work, and she would call multiple times during my shifts on her nights off to tell me or whoever answered the phone about her plans for "going down South." It was actually pretty comical but also creepy.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    jechhh, i was just trying.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Omg i'm sorry but this drives me insane. I've recently been in this situation where a guy just can't get the hint and its soo aannoying. Long story short I was on a friends bday night out and this guy was there who ended up adding me on FB. I didn't turn it down cause the shop I recently was working in, he goes in there all the time so it would've been awkward.
    Anyways he starts messaging me all the time and then starts asking about meeting up for a drink. I'm not interested in him what so ever do I just told him that i'm not looking for anything so he was like 'ok as friends then'. I'm sorry but in my experience guys can't be friends when they've made it clear they fancy you. Anyways, after pestering and pestering he still didn't get it and continued asking me to meet for a drink, even go to his house and I was getting pretty p*ssed off so I just told him straight...Again! And he was like..."you should've said".... like umm, hellooo!!! I did about a million times! So now he's stopped asking me but still messages me (to which I ignore 9 times out of 10 so why he keeps bothering I'll never know) and the first line is.. 'hey you :)'.... so cringey!
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Im thinking exactly the same thing!!
    People should stop trying so damn hard, and back off cause pushing isnt going to help your cause at all!

Do girls do that to?
    No way, it's just so cringey to keep pestering someone. If they're not interested they're not interested.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Omg i'm sorry but this drives me insane. I've recently been in this situation where a guy just can't get the hint and its soo aannoying. Long story I was on a friends bday night out and this guy was there who ended up adding me on FB. I didn't turn it down cause the shop I recently was working in, he goes in there all the time so it would've been awkward.
    Anyways he starts messaging me all the time and then starts asking about meeting up for a drink. I'm not interested in him what so ever do I just told him that i'm not looking for anything so he was like 'ok as friends then'. I'm sorry but in my experience guys can't be friends when they've made it clear they fancy you. Anyways, after pestering and pestering he still didn't get it and continued asking me to meet for a drink, even go to his house and I was getting pretty p*ssed off so I just told him straight...Again! And he was like..."you should've said".... like umm, hellooo!!! I did about a million times! So now he's stopped asking me but still messages me (to which I ignore 9 times out of 10 so why he keeps bothering I'll never know) and the first line is.. 'hey you :)'.... so cringey!

It always makes laugh when guys use this line. In my experience, straight men don't approach strange women purely with the intention of being friends. It is especially BS after they have clearly expressed interest. lol.
  • laura1248
    laura1248 Posts: 4
    Options
    Amen to that! I am certainly not like that lol maybe its just the thrill of the chase that gets men going.....
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Omg i'm sorry but this drives me insane. I've recently been in this situation where a guy just can't get the hint and its soo aannoying. Long story I was on a friends bday night out and this guy was there who ended up adding me on FB. I didn't turn it down cause the shop I recently was working in, he goes in there all the time so it would've been awkward.

It always makes laugh when guys use this line. In my experience, straight men don't approach strange women purely with the intention of being friends. It is especially BS after they have clearly expressed interest. lol.
    Totally agree.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    if she not interested **** it deuces not worth it too many out there besides I'm sure there is one around the corner thats worth your time and a good catch
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options
    Some people just cant take a hint... or the word NO lol....
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    aint that the truth lol
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    If the dude is like this when he is sober .... erm ... lets hope he doesnt drink!
  • Erinelda
    Erinelda Posts: 96
    Options
    Just be honest with people, I have never had a guy chase me long after I said "It is never going to happen, because.." (give them a list of faults and/or deal breakers in a factual, nonjudgmental tone). Guys don't like being criticized. Being polite sends mixed messages to most people. If he returns even after that you can tell him all that stuff still applies and will always apply.

The worst thing you can do is give them a list of stuff about YOU (like I'm too busy etc). This makes people chase harder because they want to prove your issues are not a problem for them. And just saying "not interested" makes most people want to know why.

When a guy asks to be friends I tell him I am even pickier with friends than with dates because it's true and he doesn't want to be friends anyway. He just wants to look for another "in" with you or he is desperate for even your scraps. That's not a friend.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    someone knows a little bit about behavioral psychology
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    The whole acting like a psycho thing doesn't seem to push this particular person away, either >.>
    Bahaha.. God.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    have you tried ignoring, not showing any emotions not even getting upset with the constant persuing
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Just to bring the other side here, the last person who told me "I just want to be friends" married me 16 years ago. I'm just saying...