Dragging Back to the Starting Line

Options
Hey MFP!

I just knew I would NEVER be someone to lose the weight and put it back on. I thought I was so much BETTER than those people because I would recognize how hard I had worked and NEVER make those mistakes again...

Ha ha ha!

Anyhow, I'm back on MFP with determination to re-lose 30 pounds but boy is it hard to get my mojo back! I went to the grocery store yesterday, which is a huge step for my lazy azz, so now I have the tools I need to do it again.

I would love to hear from other people who find themselves in a similar situation! What did it take to get you back on track? Also, add me! I think I underestimated the value of having a big ole support group!

Replies

• notskinnylizzy
    notskinnylizzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Karla!

Like you, I've decided to drag myself back to the starting line but its oh so hard! Just finished logging in my breakfast and realised just how much junk I'm eating!! I really need to sit down and plan my meals and stop all the secret eating - and get off my lazy *kitten* and DO SOMETHING!! (instead of just thinking about it!)

Hope you have a good day; heard a phrase yesterday that got me thinking. Someone said they felt like a peanut in a marshmallow which is a pretty good way of describing how I feel. Just need to let the marshmallow melt away - but it ain't gonna do it overnight or on its own!

Stay with it!
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey you all!! I'm right there with you. I've been horrible for snacking mindlessly and not even thinking about what I'm putting in my mouth. Today I am starting fresh and all the way over. I'm trying to lose 60lbs overall. Don't really have a specific timeframe to do so, just need it gone so i can be happier and healthier! I'm horrible for yo-yo dieting and trying all the fad diets, so this time I'm just doing it the old fashion way of eating right and exercising. My fingers are crossed that it works like I'm wanting to and that I finally feel better about myself. Operation DeFluff is in effect as of today!!! Lol! All support is loved!! Let's get this!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just remember to never cross the finish line because you should never be done becoming a better you, Those wonderful food you bought for the starting line should always be there and you should always be eating them. After you lose the 30 pounds there are many other things you can do to be happier and healthier.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think someone may have invented a odorless colorless gas into the air that makes you lose your mojo.....it seems to be going around! LOL Like when "everybody" starts getting pregnant at the same time, and people say it's "in the water supply" or something.

I've seen lot of posts from people saying the same thing, and admittedly, I'm one of those who had lost it too.

I just decided I was sick of the scale going the 'wrong way" and I was the only one who could do anything about it. I was going to start logging everything, just like I had before. The first week was a little hard, but last week seemed better. Just one day at a time.
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I gain and lose the same 8 punds. But now that I added some weight training to my running, I feel better. I also am a vegetarian. I don't like to cook but I do because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I am such a night snacker...cakes, donuts, you name it. Now instead of those things I have dates, yogurt with granola, apple with pb. I also ask myself: are you REALLY hungry? If I am not, I am eating just to eat and that's how the weight comes on. I'm not perfect. I share my diary and know there are days where I have a cupcake but it's all about moderation and portion control.
    You are here. Logging in, being aware. Be proud of that. Make small manageable goals: 5 pounds, rewards yourself with something NON food related (mani/pedi/new shoes) Then another goal of say fitting into a dress/jeans.
    Break it up and make it fun. Grab some friends go for a walk, bike ride. Get active and then maybe it won't be so hard to fall back when you have a support system. :flowerforyou:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I think once you lose the weight you can get complacent which I did. I lost 40 lbs 4 years ago and after 2 I had put back on 15 and then found MFP and logging my calories did work but I have to keep logging.
  • LisaTRM
    LisaTRM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I did so well, and then... I am back at it though. Hopefully for good this time. I am looking for some inspirational friends to help keep me motivated.
  • MissKarlaJamaica
    MissKarlaJamaica Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is the absolute truth! (Both about the odorless gas and about the 1st week being the hardest). I still remember how challenging it was to lose that first 10 pounds.
    I think someone may have invented a odorless colorless gas into the air that makes you lose your mojo.....it seems to be going around! LOL Like when "everybody" starts getting pregnant at the same time, and people say it's "in the water supply" or something.

I've seen lot of posts from people saying the same thing, and admittedly, I'm one of those who had lost it too.

I just decided I was sick of the scale going the 'wrong way" and I was the only one who could do anything about it. I was going to start logging everything, just like I had before. The first week was a little hard, but last week seemed better. Just one day at a time.