I Over-Ate Today :-( Now What?

JillyBean819
JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I over-ate today because I didn't workout and I went over by 300+ calories.
I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to make up for the extra calories.
Has anyone ever been in this situation?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    you could workout or just chalk it up to not working out and work out extra tomorrow. :)
  • escobar9300
    escobar9300 Posts: 15 Member
    Just bounce back tomorrow and do a little extra in the gym to counteract it! Don't let one slip get you down!
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    You could still get in a quick exercise session tonight. But really, I think you just need to look at it as "Okay, today wasn't so good but tomorrow will be better." And just be extra mindful of tomorrow's calories. You can't go over one day and then cut down the next though. It happens....just try to not make it a habit!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    We all slip every once in a while. Don't let it upset you or worry you. You don't really have to do anything except shrug it off and move on.
  • Maybe squeeze in a last minute workout. But 300 cal over isn't too drastic. So don't be too hard on yourself. You can do better tomorrow and maybe make up for it with your week. I've ~heard~ from another dieting friend that going over once in a while will keep your metabolism on it's toes... ;)
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Tomorrow is a new day! :wink:

If you don't have time to get a workout in tonight, just start over tomorrow. We all will have slip ups!
  • Firstly - do not beat yourself up! You made a boo boo, everyone does it !
    Secondly - your diet is a bank account! So you over drew today, for the rest of the week you'll just have to be more conservative with your "spending"
    Thirdly - this is a good experience :)
  • Firstly - do not beat yourself up! You made a boo boo, everyone does it !
    Secondly - your diet is a bank account! So you over drew today, for the rest of the week you'll just have to be more conservative with your "spending"
    Thirdly - this is a good experience :)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    My husband & I went to pizza ranch tonight with some family...I did a great job & stayed within my calorie allotment...my darling husband on the other hand did not. He went a little overboard. And by a little, I mean ALOT. ----> He was over by 2000 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & then we went to the gym & he burned 500 & he's been drinking water all night. That's all you can do. Keep moving forward & don't let it get you down. Tomorrow is a new day so just focus on the present & forget about the past :wink:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Just get back on track and drink lots of water!
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Over by 300 is really not that bad, especially if it is only happening occasionally. Could be that your body just really needed that today. Just keep up all your hard work and you'll do fine. The good thing about this diet is that 300 calories over on here doesn't mean that you will be gaining weight, because you are probably still at a deficit for the day overall. I have seen very consistent results for the past five and a half months, and I have occasionally been 300-400 under to 300-400 over. I try to not let it be too often, but occasionally you just can't do anything about it. So don't beat yourself up!

Keep up all the hard work!
  • Don't sweat it, it's just one day. Get right back on track tommorrow and don't let it become a habit. You're doing fine!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Thank you all for the kind words and suggestions. I really needed that :-)
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    i went over by 500 calories on Thursday, didn't work out and still lost 3 lbs for the week at my weigh in today. Its not always a bad thing as long as you dont make a habit of it
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    One day isn't the end of it. Exercise more through the week and it should all balance out. Realizing you did go over and seeking ways to solve it is a great step in the right direction :wink:
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    I used to freak out and try and power excercise to burn it off. I think you just have to let it go. 300 cals is really just a drop in the bucket. You went over, so what. Tomorrow is a new day and you can start fresh, clean slate. I wouldn't even try to make it up. Some days you go over, some days under, it all balances out in the end.
  • Feeling very much the same today. Its nice to see so many people offer supportive words and sensible advice.
This discussion has been closed.