p90x

Options

Replies

• SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :)

So yesterday was Yoga X, but I didn't get to do it. :( However, I did do an intense workout on the elliptical for 40 mins. and then followed with some of my own yoga. I know it wasn't the actual workout planned, but I'm glad I at least got in something. Today's Legs/Back and ARX!!! I remember this one as being brutal, but I LOVE working legs. Love it.

I hope everyone's day is going great, and that you are able to keep pushing play! :)

TTYL!
    Sara
  • Karrie1974
    Karrie1974 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Ok, I am going to start the p90x. I am thinking tomorrow may be my start date.... I will be doing the Lean version of it. I like the idea of keeping this thread going for support and motivation. Good luck everyone!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X twice - had amazing results. So if any of you have any questions, let me know.
    I also have printable schedules and have even made some revised schedule - these should be free to download - but for some reason scribd was acting up lately. If you have a problem printing them, let me know. I find it VERY helpful to have my schedule on my fridge so I can mark off each workout as I do it.
    www.scribd.com/elainekatko
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    did you all do the fix test i know that i can pass its not a matter of being ready for the program and i know that i will get stronger and fitter by doing P90x so do i really need to take the test?
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    did you all do the fix test i know that i can pass its not a matter of being ready for the program and i know that i will get stronger and fitter by doing P90x so do i really need to take the test?

Taking the fit test is nice because you take it again at the end of 90 days and you get to see how much you blow your day #1 numbers OUT OF THE WATER!!!

I'm in week #2 of my fourth round.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. I'm not following the nutrition plan fully because I've noticed my body functions better and I feel more energized with lower carbs and higher protein. That could definitely change though depending how the week goes. I'm very excited to begin. I've even taken pictures already to compare after I'm done!
  • missiklee
    missiklee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I just started P90X lean on Monday and I'm loving it. I also can hardly sit down today because my butt and hamstrings are SO sore! But that's a good thing! :wink:

I'm not following the nutrition plan because I don't have the info, I'm using borrowed DVD's and they don't have the books anymore. I did just double my protein intake the last 2 days and I feel much better after doing that. I'm also going to add some more cardio next week. I might do the cardio dvd or elliptical on my weight days just to get my calorie burn up those days.

I've only done Core Synergistics once but I didn't feel like I was working at all. Anyone else feel that way? And Kenpo kicked my trash today and made me realize how uncoordinated I am!

Good luck everyone!
  • alan4jc
    alan4jc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just finished P90x week 9 of round one ( lean program ) 4 more weeks to finish then I plan to do p90x Classic. My starting weight was 240 and I am now 214, looking great and feeling great. I think that if I can do it then anyone can.
  • jane77
    Options
    ok started p90x to chest and back and ab wow what a work out kind up feared starting this work out (didnt know if i could do it)
    but its so personal you can do it you just have to want it Bring it Great going to print out workout sheets love it
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    Wow it sounds like everyone is doing great so far! Today is Day 10 for me: Shoulders/Arms and ARX. Yikes. I'm still sore from Monday's Chest/Back and ARX hahaha. Yesterday I did Plyo, which always makes me work up a sweat! I wore my HRM just to see how much I would burn, and it was a little over 500 cals...I know this could be higher b/c I was pretty worn out last night. I can't imagine how I would have done if I had slipped a little P90X Results and Recovery formula into my water!!! That stuff seriously rocks!

As for the Core Synergistics not being effective, did you try engaging your Core the whole time? I know it's hard, but once I "tightened my abs" throughout the WHOLE workout, I REALLY felt it. Just a thought. :)

Let's make today great everyone! Keep pushing play! :)
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    Alan, that is so awesome!!!!! Your results are great. Do you have before and after pics up yet?

Did you follow the nutrition plan to the "T" or did you just make a conscious effort to eat healthier?
  • jane77
    Options
    shoulders and arms today and abbs loved it felt good abbs where really hard to do! sore from Monday found a great great app for iphone pad or touch fitness tracker 90 its a woork sheet,note maker and I think it will give you a graph, on your apple stuff. cons does sync to the web so cant use it on all your apple stuff only one will keep track and if something happens to that i guess you would lose everything sad maybe they will improve it
  • jcr03
    jcr03 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey guys and gals,
    I'm new to the site. Wondering if someone could help me out. I bought p90x off one of my friends because i'm going to start working out, but nothing else came with the p90x dvds. Is there a website where I could download a workout routine.? Thanks in Advance.

Jamie
  • jane77
    Options
    Hey guys and gals,
    I'm new to the site. Wondering if someone could help me out. I bought p90x off one of my friends because i'm going to start working out, but nothing else came with the p90x dvds. Is there a website where I could download a workout routine.? Thanks in Advance.

Jamie
    jamie go to beach body.com work sheets are there not sure if the schedule is there but i would think it should be good luck
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    Hey Jamie, if you send me your e-mail address, I can send you a schedule that I have! :)
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!! :)

So, today begins Day 11 for me...which means, the dreaded YOGA X!!!! I don't know why I have such a hard time with this one...maybe it's b/c it's an hour and half long? Or, maybe it's b/c I am really weak with it which means I really NEED to be doing it! In any case, I will be conquering Yoga X after work today! I think it might be really rough b/c my arms are still REALLY sore from Shoulders/Arms yesterday. Man, I really do love that workout though!!! :)

I hope everyone is continuing to push play and PUSH YOURSELVES! You can do it! :)
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I started it Monday. So far I really like it. I might change my mind about that later though lol. I cheated... I downloaded it.. itd be a cold day in hell when I pay 140 bucks for a set of workout dvds.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I started it Monday. So far I really like it. I might change my mind about that later though lol. I cheated... I downloaded it.. itd be a cold day in hell when I pay 140 bucks for a set of workout dvds.

Good for you on starting P90X. Question for you though, what do you do for a living?
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good for you on starting P90X. Question for you though, what do you do for a living?

Well, really I'm a cook/baker.. but I got laid off so now I'm a cashier. My boyfriend's a mechanic. And you?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Well, really I'm a cook/baker.. but I got laid off so now I'm a cashier. My boyfriend's a mechanic. And you?

Well I own a few businesses. You said you wouldn't pay $140 for a set of DVD's. Which if you want to be technical P90X is so much more then just a set of work out DVD's. Anyway how would you feel if someone asked you to bake them a cake, or your boyfriend to fix their car and then not pay you for it? Just curious?

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that you and your boyfriend got off the couch and are pressing play. Just don't like it when people steal something. Also, I feel that you get out what you put into it, so if you didn't invest any money into, it is much easier for you to quit.