I need HELP!!

Options
Rebamae
Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
Hi everyone!
What do you eat when you want something crunchy?
I do fine until late night, then I want something crunchy and maybe a little salty so I eat through my kitchen trying to satisfy that "need".

Thanks
Reba

Replies

• Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Salted nuts, popcorn, veggie chips, roasted chickpeas
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I like crunchy peanut butter, popcorn, you could even try pickles. I go easy on nuts because I can go through them and they have a lot of calories. I even put peanut butter on apples and this fills me up quickly. Drink a big glass of water with your snack to help fill you up. Best wishes Reba.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is good. Even a little bit of butter with some seasoning goes a long way (I mix my butter with hot sauce to up the flavor and cut the calories). Pretzel sticks work for me, too, if I'm not really hungry and I'm just looking for crunchy/salty - it would take a whole bag to fill me up, but I could grab 1/2 serving and just nibble and be ok, and that's only like 50-60 calories.
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Peanuts!! Roasted, slightly salted works for me!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nuts, chips and salsa, popcorn. Or just go brush your teeth. You'd be surprised how many times that can kill a salty or sweet craving.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Kettle corn. 2 cups 130 calories
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Snyder's makes these great flavored pretzel snacks called Nibblers. The fat content isn't too bad, and the sodium content is waaaay lower than what you'd expect for something like that. And they're really good! I like the cheese medley and the garlic ones.
  • mtyler7718
    mtyler7718 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    What do you eat when you want something crunchy?
    I do fine until late night, then I want something crunchy and maybe a little salty so I eat through my kitchen trying to satisfy that "need".

Thanks
    Reba

popcorn, pumpkin seeds, and those new pop chips are so good! I love those pop chips. They aren't very fattening at all--as long a you don't eat an entire big bag!
  • cyclonecj
    cyclonecj Posts: 1
    Options
    Pretzels work for me. Regular or some of the flavored varieties.
  • fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Options
    Salted pistachios!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Carrots, celery, radishes, with hummus or a handful of salted cashews.
  • elite_geek
    Options
    All of these are excellent choices (especially things like roasted chickpeas, etc). Remember though, these are still fairly high in calories so make sure to measure out the snack into a small bowl. If you have a bag of kettle corn in front of you, you are going to eat more than you normally would. Finish it all up with a big glass of water to make your craving disappear.
  • sarahbellum09
    sarahbellum09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I make a trail mix that satisfies all my cravings: pretzel sticks, cheerios, dried cranberries, and dried pineapples. You can probably try different dried fruits, but the pretzels and cheerios are a good mix. Salty-Sweet-Chewy-Crunchy mix.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Cheddar Beanitos (it's a bean chip... and terribly addictive !)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Pickles.
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm really digging the wheat thins "popped" variety - big serving for under 200 cals. Very crunchy and savory and lots of flavor choices.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Dill pickles!!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU
    Everyone!! I do so appreciate all of the ideas and help.
    I can not do nuts as there is no stopping me :huh: but everything else is acceptable!
    Again THANKS
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on big chunks of nice, crunchy cucumber, cold from the fridge.
  • naiauhane
    naiauhane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been eating baby carrots when I want something crunchy. Usually I want something salty and crunchy, but despite baby carrots being sweet, they seem to satiate me. I think it's because I associate veggies with being savory. Don't know if that's helpful...