Any moms want to feature their success story on my blog ?

Options
2»

Replies

• ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am interested. I lost about 100 pounds in 2009. Then I gained part of it back. Since January, I have lost almost 30 pounds. I am about 15 pounds away from where I want to be.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My question is do you make money off your blog? If so I think featuring these women without compensating them is wrong and that also puts this post in violation of the Terms Of Service for My Fitness Pal.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    great blog!!! You should all check it out! Good tips :)
  • slcooper77
    slcooper77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a success story for the simple fact that I got up out of my chair and made up my mind to finally lose my meat suit!! I am a 36 year old mother of 2 adorable rambunctious boys ages 7 and 2. I couldn't keep up with them because I teetered into the way over 200 lbs territory. When I was in my early 20's, I could work out like an animal and guzzle water and drop 10-20 pounds in a couple of weeks. Somewhere around the age of 28, right around the time I got pregnant with my first son my metabolism gave me the middle finger and said nope - not gonna do it anymore. I lost a ton of weight breastfeeding, and as soon as I stopped, my pants size started to rise. No matter how much I blamed the dryer, it was my own love of food and lack of activity that did me in. When I got pregnant with my second son, my metabolism didn't even have the energy to hold up the finger, it just gave me a pathetic PPHHFFFTT. (I had gestational diabetes with both boys which contributed to the weight gain a little, but mostly due to the enormous amounts of brats & kraut that I craved). I got depressed, and when I get depressed, I like to eat. I saw a picture of myself at a baby shower & I was bigger than the 9 month pregnant mother which sent me into an absolute melt down temper tantrum that puts my 2 year olds fits to shame. I signed up with a friend and started an extreme boot camp class three days a week at 5:15 am for an hour, I track every bite that I eat in myfitness pal, maintaining a net diet of 1200 calories of only good choices. (I use a heart rate monitor and fit bit to track my activity for the net calc.). I do not follow any specific diet - I eat what I want as long as it fits in my calorie limits. I gave up my beloved Diet Coke and only drink water (OBSCENE amounts of water), black unsweetened tea, or black coffee. I LOVE craft beer. I had to let that go too and it was easy when I learned how many calories were in a single pint of many of the local IPA's.

In 7 weeks I have lost 13.6 pounds and I am on top of the world because it is the first time in years I have had any success naturally losing weight the right way! I still have a long way to go and a lot of work to do. With my age and lethargic metabolism, my goal is 1 to 1.5 lbs per week, and so far I have been successful. I just want to share with anyone else who has given up hope that the weight will never come off - it will, you just have to just be patient, REALLY push yourself to the limits, and have self discipline to monitor your food intake. I also highly recommend a buddy with the same fitness level and weight loss goals. Sharing the trials and tribulations helps fuel the motivation to keep going!
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    At the moment i am making zero off my blog . I just thought it would be nice to add a new page on my blog.
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My question is do you make money off your blog? If so I think featuring these women without compensating them is wrong and that also puts this post in violation of the Terms Of Service for My Fitness Pal.

I'm not in violation as i'm not making any money off it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!