Family and dieting

Options
I workout 1.5 hours daily 4-5 days/ week but the working out part only delivers result unless I diet, right? Ok so my family doesn't let me diet at all. I don't have a crazy diet schedule, I just try to limit my junk food intake, watch what I'm eating and try my best to eat healthy stuff but this annoys them. They think my current weight (125ish lbs) is good and that I shouldn't lose more while I want to get down to 115! It's driving me crazy! What should I do? Does anyone have similar issues?

Replies

• hollykyllo
    Options
    for me to answer this how tall are you, do you feel healthy? i am 5' 7'' so for me to be 125 would be extremely unhealthy.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Cutting out the junk and eating healthier is great and you should definately stick to that. But 115? How tall are you and are you extremely small framed? 115 is a pretty low weight unless you aren't very tall and very small boned/frame. Maybe your family is just concerned about you? Have you figured out your MBI? Just some thoughts. Maybe just tell your family what you told us about just trying to live a healthier life style in general and don't make it about the weight when you talk to them. Very thin people can be just as unhealthy as overweight people if they are eating horrible food and getting no exercise. Maybe your family will understand that concept a little better. Good luck!
  • penne356
    Options
    Thanks for the response guys! I have slightly wide shoulders but i'll consider myself medium framed. I'm 5'5 so 115 is not unhealthy for my height. I mainly carry extra weight in my mid-section. It's so hard to get rid of it!