995 cals over

Options
i also went 995 cals over yesterday! i was doing sooo well. will this one blip result in instant weight gain!!!!!! :(

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Today is another day. It might make you gain weight, it might make you lose weight by shocking your system. Live and learn.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Did you know you were going over at the time? Or is this a case of accidentally entering the wrong amount when logging your foods? Worth a second look....
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Well, because it takes an extra 3500 calories to add a pound - no, you shouldn't see this on the scale - but if you do weigh more tomorrow it could just be the physical weight of the extra food in your body!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    one bad day will not ruin a good week... just like one good day will not fix a bad week. Just learn from this and try harder next time
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    One day won't cause you to gain unless you ate an extraordinary amount of cals over what your BMR burns etc. You'll be fine.
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    thanks everybody xx
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    995 over maintenance or over 1200?

really, what does it matter anyway? you were over, big deal, move on from here :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    it'll be okay tomorrow is a new day!! :)
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    i had two glasses over rose wine, which may have added to empty calories? also i feel tipsy from just one glass of wine! WHEN IM IPSY I JUST SEEM TO CRAVE FOOD! ARGGGH , Anyone else like this? if so what do you do? xx p.s i dont drink often just occasions xx
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    PSH did you SEE my diary yesterday!? sounds like we had the exact same night. i had 2 glasses of white zinfandel, THREE beers (yikes, what was i thinking?!) and ate 3 grasshopper cookies, a milky way mini, and a ginger cookie. talk about empty calories! i'm moving on though from that, you should too :)
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    If I go over like this, I make it a point to create an excercise plan for the next week that will burn those calories off. I eat what I'm allotted and then add extra excercise. It helps me feel like I am still in control and that I am taking responsibility for overeating. Hope that helps!

And yes, when I drink, I want junk food. Ask someone you are with to keep you accountable to only having one glass. It helps! Plus, have you heard of the skinny margarita? Only 100 cals! =)
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Ugh I am so the same - whenever I drink (which isn't often these days!) I crave anything high in sugar, carbs and fat. I'm going round a friend's tonight and will be drinking so I'm leaving plenty of calories but it's going to be tough to stay away from food afterwards :frown:

I haven't found a solution to this except 1. not drinking (which is just lame!) or 2. letting it happen and getting over it like others have been saying.

In any case I don't think you need to really worry too much - just as long as you don't do it every day it'll be fine!
  • sing1998
    sing1998 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    well, i can't think of how many "splurge" days i've had where i've had a serving of outback cheese fries for my supper. now that i've joined MFP i know there's like 2400 calories there!! can't remember exactly but it's astronomical. you didn't do so bad.
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    Tomorrow's a new day. Don't sweat it unless you've been over days in a row.

For the alcohol, it actually opens up your taste buds making you want to eat more. I try not to drink, unless with dinner so that I can curb those cravings! If I drink after dinner I always end up eating something I wish I hadn't....
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The weight gain is temporary as long as you return to your routine that will help you reach your goal. I regained 5 pounds from Christmas weekend, lost all of them in one week, and the regained 3 from New Years Weekend, and went down 4 pounds this past week. Now that the mess is over, it's time to stay focused on that goal.