Need some pals!

Options
Hi! Glad I found this board! At 31 I am new to losing weight the "correct" way. I was bulimic for 14 years and have been in recovery for the past year. I am VERY strong in my recovery and know I would NEVER go back to the way I was. BUT - I am not happy with the weight I have gained in recovery. I started after having my third child. I was 140 pre-baby, got to 170 after baby. Lost 10lbs, then began my journey to recovery. I am now 191. :( I have never felt so bad about myself then I do right now. I am so motivated to get it together and exercise. My profile picture is of me at 165. I don't have any pictures of myself at my current weight because I won't allow ANYONE to take my picture because I am so ashamed. I suppose I will take one tomorrow, being the first step, so I can post before and after pictures in the future, hopefully! Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• BlueSkye
    Options
    Hey, your post was very honest and you seem determined enough to reach your goals :) good luck.
  • KellyB618
    Options
    Thanks so much :)
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Glad you found this board too. I have only been here a short time (1 week), but have found it to be fun and supportive. I, too, am 31 and although our goals are somewhat different they are very much the same. Diets simply do not work. I am making an effort to make a lifestyle change. I am lazy and need motivation and MyFitnessPal is fitting in well. I am trying to keep it simple and not making too many changes at once. I started running again in October and signed up for some small local races and some not so local longer races. This has kept me motivated to run. Just a couple of weeks ago I began cooking almost all my meals. Last week I began tracking my calories and stuff at my aunt's suggestion. It's a pretty good indication where I am. So far so good. I am not too worried about weight as I am about balance. My goal is to tone and lose the gut. (c: Best of luck.
  • KellyB618
    Options
    Thank you!! Good luck to you! And you are right, diets don't work, I want to be healthy, eat healthy and live healthy for once in my life!
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid

It is all about balance. A balanced live is a healthy life. I'm still searching for balance, but I am closer than I have been in a long time. I did not get here overnight and I will not be where I want to in a day, week or month. Change takes time. The more gradual the change into a healthy lifestyle, the more likely it will stick.

And thank you. (c:
  • mikezlyrics
    Options
    Hello, I am glad you posted that it helps me see we all need some help no matter what we think. The biggest thing for me was actually find a method that doesnt have me starving myself and I have only been using this program for about 6 days but its honstly the best thing with excercise. I am glad that this progam gives me a stable way to keep track of everything but also gives me a chance to have real people to help with emotional support. Thanks to everyone. TEN pounds down only twenty more to go. I did lose it a little fast???
  • KellyB618
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I will be your pal! :)

L.