Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'8ish 30ish ladies - to lose 20-30 lbs bad knees or good!

hi hi !!

Looking for some similar friends!

I'm 31 - 5'8 and recently regained 25 lbs in the past year 'off' - i was lazy and eating and drinking like a college kid, maybe even eating for comfort.

i had knee surgery back in 2012 and am limited to non impact cardio - no pounding/jumping, hard running (weep i miss it) but i do bike, weight train, and anything else i can, including DVDs i recently started Crossfit Elements (beginners)

Once i am motivated.. i am in!.. i am usually all in or all out (hence the past year being out.. i have been having trouble staying motivated past days lately and go back to a few glasses of wine and greasy foods.

i know how to eat well/clean and can do sunday food preps for the week. i am just feeling a bit discourages since this is the HEAVIEST i have been in my life... even after my knee surgery that took 6-8 months rehab.

If you have similar goals - (even with good knees! ) friend me! I check MFP a few times a day, and workout 5-6x a week.

Looking for more stories on my dash ! Good Luck guys.. i am thinking of giving up wine atleast for 30 days to see how much that makes a difference!

hi! :)

Jess

Replies

• Hi! I am in a similar boat.

I am 5'9" and 29 years old. My 30th birthday is at the beginning of January and I want to lose about 40 lbs by then.

I have four kids, and spent my 20's either pregnant or nursing (often times both!). Dh and I have recently decided that we are done adding to our family, so now I want to focus on MY body. I really want to enter my 30's healthy and fit!

I've also had bad knees since I was 16. I am extremely prone to tendonitis and have to be careful about my activities. I can run, as long as I am lifting weight regularly (I have to keep strengthening those tendons). Needless to say, I haven't been going to the gym faithfully and so my knees are starting to flare up again. Ugh.

Back to the gym!
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Hi Jess, I'm not 5'8, more like 5' ish but I'm 34. I've recently gone through a lazy yr as well. I had a break up, got distracted with kids, my weekend drink turned into a nightly one (which one drink at night isn't bad, its just unnecessary calories). I've gained about 20lbs I'm not happy with, I lost about 5 but I'm struggling to really get my weight loss going.

I have good days and bad days with my one knee & ankle so Ican do a few day of cardio then I need to rest it, so I am looking to get into strength training but not sure where to begin.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Hi ladies,
    I'm a bit taller than you at 5'11, but I am 30 (31 in a few months) and want to lose ~35lbs. i also log everyday and workout 5 days a week-and sometimes forget to rest on my "rest" days!
    I am doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 at my own pace and walking/jogging/running everyday. Just got a fitbit last week-awesome motivator.
    I had also lost quite a bit and gained back some. Lost 70 and gained back almost half. :explode: Back down to 10lbs shy of that first lowest weight and looking to surpass it this time.

Everyone feel free to friend me, we can all use some support!