Special Olympian here for fitness and friends!

Options
My name is Jeannine, but you can call me Bean. My sister is helping me set up my account, and I am looking for friends!

I recently found out that I have Celiac disease. My goal is to improve my diet and hopefully lose some weight in the process! I need lots of encouragement and positive words. I have Down Syndrome and hope to meet new friends and get some socialization while I lose weight and get healthy!

Replies

• JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Friend request sent. I'd be honored to be your fitness pal throughout your journey, Bean!
  • beanisms
    beanisms Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for being my friend! :)
  • cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    Okay I'd love to be pals....:D yay
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'd be more than honored to be your friend!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • beanisms
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am very excited and happy to find so many friends!
  • cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    This us just the beginning and they are going to keep coming.....:D...
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Bean :flowerforyou: Nice to meet you:smile: I have sent a friend request and it would be great to be friends and go through this journey together.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi Bean. Welcome!
    You're going to make some great pals here. And since you have Celiac, consider joining the group here for folks with Celiac and others who don't eat gluten. They can help you make the best food choices as you learn more about it. And, they are super nice and supportive.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/129-gluten-free
  • beanisms
    Options
    WOW! I am so happy to hear from all of you! Thank you for the tips! My family is always looking for help with the Gluten-free diet!
  • weather_nerd
    Options
    Hi Bean! Welcome!

I don't have Celiac, but I stay clear of wheat, as it gives me unpleasant symptoms. I would love to help you out with some gluten-free recipes and food choices.

Friend request sent :)
  • beanisms
    Options
    Thank you! Requests accepted! :)
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi Bean :) I just sent you a request and some info about me. Hope to be friends!!!
  • hezzyfoofie
    hezzyfoofie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Bean! I'd love to be your friend. :)
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi Bean. I would be more than honored to be your friend on this journey
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Bean! Great job for making the decision to make some healthy changes. Sending friend request. Can't wait to see your progress!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    hi Bean!! I am sending a friend request! I'd love to help you on your journey! :flowerforyou:

Suzi
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey Bean! Welcome! I made the personal choice to go GF a while ago - it was hard at first, but there are some AMAZING resources out there to help for food and meal prep. I've found that half the fun with a GF diet is discovering new foods and ways of prepping things. If there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out :)
  • Jazz_Hands
    Jazz_Hands Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey bean!

How cool that you're involved in the Special Olympics! I've been a volunteer with the SoCal chapter of the Special Olympics for several years now, and it's been an overwhelmingly life changing experience - we're actually having our Summer Games Invitational this weekend! I'm so excited!
    What sport are you involved with?
    Good luck with your healthy changes. I know you can do it!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Friend request sent :smile:
  • lasombrs
    lasombrs Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi and Welcome Bean! My son does the special olympics and I was lucky enough to help coach this year. It was an awesome experience! Sending you a friend request :)