Weighing in ?

Options
I have this weighing in issue. I hate weighing on a scale. I'm really annoyed with it and if I don't see what I want to see, I am one of those people who may quit.. I was wondering if I should invest in a body fat scale instead? Those don't measure weight, right? Only body fat percentage? I need to measure my weight loss somehow besides just if my pants fit looser. I know I'm about 25 lbs overweight and pushing it! I have tried to lose it for about a year now and I figured out that I must have hit a plateau. I know I've probably been eating too much :-( so now I'm keeping a strict food journal. Before this plateau, I had lost probably 40 lbs. I was super heavy for a while there. Now my old bras and some of the smaller size pants but I've noticed that my gut doesn't seem to be shrinking as much as the rest of my body! So my legs and arms are a lot smaller and unforrunately so are my boobs but my waist is only a little smaller. I'm wondering how much of it is gut and how much of it must be loose skin :-(

Replies

• lauralonglocks
    Options
    You could try keeping a record of your measurements instead..that way you'll still see the numbers going down (hopefully!) without having to get on the scales..?
  • mistydk
    mistydk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad idea but I was wondering if anyone has personally used a body fat percentage scale? Does it only show you body fat %? Any help would be appreciated.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My scale shows body fat, but it also displays weight first, then body fat percentage.