any stay at home moms that DONT go to the gym out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• Emedina1987
    Options
    I am a SAHM two an almost two year old girl and a 4 month old boy. I have an elliptical that I was using 4-5 days a week for 20-30 minutes but I've just started doing the insanity videos this week. I plan to incorporate my elliptical into my workouts once I get a decent grasp on the insanity program. Right now I am so sore and only on day 4. I'm hoping to really tone up and shed another 10 or more pounds.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have all kinds of dvds, a treadmill, weight bench and free weights that I use. I have even found that sometimes my 3 yr old will get involved or try laying on my legs so I use his body as a weight and sometimes my soon to be 6 yr old. I also do walk outside and ride a bike sometimes.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Before I started going to the gym I used youtube for yoga, zumba and 30 day shred. Then I bought a few sets of dumbbells (I have 10-30 lbs) and started doing lifts like squat, lunge, bulgarian split squat, glute bridge, romanian deadlift, side lateral raise, front raise, shoulder press, curl, rows, clean and snatch and turkish getup. (just google dumbbell routines and you'll find a ton of stuff). I noticed dramatic drop in bodyfat and great muscle definition after just a couple of months of lifting at home (4-5 days a week).
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I take walks, do Leslie Sansone videos. www.hasfit.com and www.jessicasmithtv.com have loads of workouts and programs. :smile:
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I lift weights, walk/hike, sit ups, loads of stretching, stationary bike, and lots of wii.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I am a SAHM to 3. I do a lot of walking and bike riding. I also do some Fitness Blender videos on YouTube. I picked up some weights from a resale store to do light lifting at home as well.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm a college student, too, but I don't have use of their gym facilities during the summer break. YouTube is my collection of workout videos. I also like Melissa Bender (benderfitness.com). I like to get out for a run several times a week and do "boot camp" style workouts.

I have a Total Gym, but I've "maxed" out my use of that for strength training (and it's sort of boring to me), but it's good for incline sit ups, pull ups and press ups and leg pulls with the wing attachment. I mentioned in another thread that I make my own "heavy lifting things" from loading textbooks into a duffle bag, and lift that (hey, it's heavy; I can make it increasingly heavier, and it works for FREE).

It may not be a "structured" program, but as long as I'm pushing myself (safely) in my cardio 3-6 times a week, and lifting up and putting down all the heavy (and heavier, and heavier) things 3-4 days/wk, I'm doin' alright, and getting stronger and slimmer.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and I homeschool my 8 kids. I haven't used a gym since I was in college. Right now my exercise routine is going for a walk with my husband every morning (nice to spend some quiet time with just him and the baby!) and doing The Babywearing Workout (http://thebabywearingworkout.com/).

In the past I have jumped rope, done sit-ups and push-ups, done a kettlebell workout from Fitness Blender, and done C25K.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    SAHM of 5 kids, ages 4-13. I started with Wii Fit Plus, especially during the winter. I recently started doing the 30 Day Shred on youtube. (There are hundreds, if not thousands of workout videos on there!) Since it's only a 20 minute workout, I also walk a mile down our road, either with the kids or without since I have an older one to keep order while I'm gone for 15 minutes. We also do family bike rides, pulling the 4yo on a tagalong bike that connects to mine or my husband's.