Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone and their gains!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Hello PUPs! Today I did Week 2 - Day 1 - middle column (modified on my knees):

How could anyone ever do 100 consecutive?!?!?!? Well I am sure some of you will make it. I will keep on keeping on, and be super stoked with ever goal that I hit.

Here's a question for you all: do you find that one of your arms hurts more than the other one? I don't see how I could be doing them lopsided, but my right tricep seems more sore right now. Weird! :huh:

I've learned from Yoga practice and floor dance to always align my arms with my shoulders, not any wider...have you been aware of your body alignment? It is the same as when you do squats, your knees and ankles should be aligned and knees should not go past toes...hope this makes sense and I hope it helps....also, on the down keep it at elbow level...dip to deep and it takes the pressure off the arms and chest and puts all the weight in the shoulders...that's how guys get rotator cuff problems when they bench press.
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!! Keep up the good work and we'll be doing 100 consecutive push ups in no time!!

I made it through Week 2 Day 2 today:

target - actual
    16 - 16
    13 - 13
    11 - 11
    11 - 11
    15 - 17

It looks like day 3 will be easier this week ... I'm looking forward to that! And then on to the test after week 2 to see how many I can do consecutively now.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...just finished Week 4 Day 2. Still doing modified push ups.

I'll be back this weekend! Keep it up friends!!!!:drinker:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello you PUPs out there!! :happy:

I did something I have NEVER done in my life...85 pushups today. You gotta realize I am 48 soon to be 49 and there aren't too many firsts I have done lately that I can think of!

Level 1 - Modified (knees)

Set 1: 20
    2: 15
    3: 15
    4: 15
    5: 20 (the minimum was 18 but I pushed myself really hard to get 20)

Reaction:

This is the end of week 4 for me. What I have learned today is that having a structured plan like this can help me meet more of my goals. Perhaps I will incorporate this into other areas of fitness once I finish the challenge. Four weeks ago when I started this challenge I was excited about MAYBE getting results and honestly had doubt in my heart I could get to 100. Sooooo I will say obliterating one more doubt in my mind about my ability is today's success.

Kudos to those....who believe!! :tongue:

Power to the Pups...you guys rock!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options

getting there.
  • michaelhe
    Options
    Way to go Lavender!!! You are doing great!!!
  • michaelhe
    Options
    Okay ... checking in at the end my week 4 (program week 2)

target - actual
    15 - 15
    15 - 15
    12 - 12
    12 - 12
    15 - 16

I just barely made it. Well, in two days I'll be performing the first test to see how many consecutive push ups I can do now that I have made it through the second week of the program. I am not progressing as fast as I'd like ... but still making progress so I'll definitely stick with it. Thanks for all the encouragement from my fellow Pups!!

And everyone keep up the great work. We'll be performing 100 consecutive push ups in no time!!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK! End of Week 2 for me, middle column, modified style (performed yesterday):

And so today, I decided to try the week 2 test doing regular-style pushups - and I was amazed! I did 6! :noway:

I only expected to be able to do 2, because that's how many I could do last week. But SIX! Wow!

So I think I am starting over with week 1, regular-style pushups. And doing 6 puts me in the middle column again. I am a little worried that the first day has me doing 7 in a row, when just now I could only do 6... so I am going to wait until Tuesday to give myself a little extra time to recover. I am hoping it will be OK because I didn't really wait long between week2-day3 and the test (only between last night and this morning), so maybe when I am fresh I will be able to do the 7. Wish me luck!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    OK! End of Week 2 for me, middle column, modified style (performed yesterday):

And so today, I decided to try the week 2 test doing regular-style pushups - and I was amazed! I did 6! :noway:

I only expected to be able to do 2, because that's how many I could do last week. But SIX! Wow!

So I think I am starting over with week 1, regular-style pushups. And doing 6 puts me in the middle column again. I am a little worried that the first day has me doing 7 in a row, when just now I could only do 6... so I am going to wait until Tuesday to give myself a little extra time to recover. I am hoping it will be OK because I didn't really wait long between week2-day3 and the test (only between last night and this morning), so maybe when I am fresh I will be able to do the 7. Wish me luck!

Way to go!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3 DONE!

15 (Couldn't make it to 18...oh well!)

So...I will start a new thread tomorrow! Keep it up friends!!!!