Exercise Video/DVDs

Options
When using a DVD or Video, do you continually use the same one or vary your choice? I have a few and don't want to get bored with doing the same thing day after day. Just wondering what everyone else does.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have several DVDs from the same maker--Beachbody!!! They do an awesome job with music and education. Mine also have the same instructor, Chalene Johnson. She always has a person behind her doing it low-impact version for beginngers or people with injuries - which I absolutely think is the best idea in the world. I've never really come across this before, and I have bad knees, so I cannot always do all her exercises her way, so I have to resort to the low impacter person in the background. LOVE IT! Any of their turbo Jam/Cardio Party DVDs are awesome, and now I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme (strength training).
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My personal favourite is 'Tony Horton' the front man of P90, & P90X...I'm currently doin' P90...and its my day of rest today - but tomorrow will be DAY34...It's a repetitive workout to do for 6 days, but it alternates each day. I personally love it, and I do have a free online coach from the website beachbody.com, once I'm done this P90 - I may do P90X, or do another videos from their site. But, do what is right for you, stick to what feels right...best wishes on your new journey :) xo
  • SexyRed66
    Options
    Hello,

so have all your work outs been through using DVD's I am currently using DVD's b/c I just cannot afford the gym membership.
  • TheBeautyWithin
    Options
    I'm about to start trying Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I am going to start a Couch-to-5K program and it is supposed to have you running up to 5K straight in 8 weeks (we'll see) but you only run 3 days a week and I wanted something for the other 2 or 3 days of exercise each week so I figured a DVD would be a nice change up. Will let you know what I think after I have done it a couple times :smile:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have heard nothing but good things about Jillian's DVDs. I purchased one, but I cannot do it. She does way too many lunges and squats, which are brutal on my knees. I may go back to it someday if my knees ever get better.

Some DVDs can be pricey, but is an investment. My ChaLEAN Extreme cost $120.00 but a personal trainer would cost a whole lot more than that, so I look at that way cuz she really is your personal trainer and not just a DVD instructor.
  • Temperantia
    Options
    It's best to vary them so you are working different muscles and not over working the main ones - you may also bulk up if you use the same dvd repeatedly for a long period of time, I also get bored doing the same thing!
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred. There are 3 diff levels so I'm moving up a level every 10 days. After that I plan just to mix up diff dvds I have. I also have a wii fit and am using that as well.
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to vary as well, but I still LOVE my staple Jillian Michaels and Tracy Effinger DVDs and will always keep them in my rotation. If I do get bored of their exercises, I just use heavier weights to challenge myself.
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a variety from Billy Blanks, Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner. I love the Tae Bo and Jackie Warner.
  • mytribe1234
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate you taking time to answer my question. Good luck on your fitness journey.
  • mytribe1234
    Options
    Thank you for answering my. I appreciate it. I love Leslie Sansone and have a few DVDs and videos but get bored if I use the same one all the time. Sounds like most people like to vary their routines too. Good luck with your fitness journey.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have blockbuster online and order videos to try from there. I also get a variety from my local library. This way I can try lots of different styles that I ordinarily wouldn't and occasionally I find one I like so well I go buy it. If you're worried about boredom try your library. :)