Replies

• divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • adelareto
    adelareto Posts: 20
    Options
    Way to go!! Your kids are very lucky to have you!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is a wicked inspiring story. Congratulations to you man! Friend request incoming! =)
  • FeelinChastastic
    Options
    You're doing great! So glad to see you back here! So committed. You're doing all the right things! Congratulations!
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!! Sucks that your ex is such a hard worker (lol) but what a great dad to suck it up and do what needed done - both with your health and (especially) your kids. It's hard for me to fathom being able to my kid(s)/family and not look back. They are lucky to have you, and vice versa, I'm sure! Congrats!!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done you look Fab!!!!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT WORK!!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    28:10 is not a great time?! Dude, I would love to get a sub-30 minute 5K let alone sub-29!! My PB is currently 32:09...one day I will get there! Congratulations, and I agree with all the other comments, this is not a "semi-success" it's a true success - if we only measured ourselves by the end result we'd constantly be disappointed because it *never* stops being over!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    God bless, man. As a kid who watched his mother go through something like that, I can honestly tell you, a strong example of what a parent, a man, a worker should be, is a priceless gift for your children. You've done an incredible job.
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and looks like you have great kids. I am envious because I have been unable to jog because it triggers my asthma. I will try again when I am more fit. Congratulations on your semi success.

Deborah
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow. Like others have said, this is NOT a semi-success story. This is a full-on-I-bet-she-regrets-her-choices story. Not that it's what you were going for, but yeah. You've inspired me big time. Awesome work!

This!
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the comments. It really touches me. I'm also very excited that sharing my story may help to inspire someone else to carry on on or push through their very own struggles!

And thanks for all the new friend requests!! ;)
  • newdayhasbegun
    newdayhasbegun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love your story. Looking good and thriving instead of wallowing. Very impressive and inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
  • ladybugfreckle
    Options
    An absolute success story! Such a great time for a 5k, I hope I can have a 10 minute mile someday!
  • Mavalicous
    Options
    Just to update! :)

Havent run an "official" 5k since my last one. But i do time my runs and have my 5k now down under 27 minutes, my last one being 26:59..yes it's a second and it totally counts!! haha I usually run close to a 10k when I do run, so I look at my splits and get my 5k time from the map my fitness app. I decided why not run a half marathon and eventually a full! So this morning I went for my run. I was just going to run a 5k, then it turned into a 10k, then I decided why not, and like Forest Gump just kept running!!! lol I ended up running 15 miles which is slightly over what a half marathon is (13.1)! I would have run 20 this morning but I didnt know I was gonna do what I did and was going to be late to work, haha. I had to call a buddy who picked me up at 15 miles. smh

I also got under 200 for the first time in 20+ years. For me that was huge!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    HOLY! you just blew me away. congrats and good luck!!
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just fantastic :-) and especially well done on the running times! Really really excellent, highly motivating post :-D

But agree with the others: definitely not a semi-success! Flat out 100% brilliant success :-D
  • Mavalicous
    Options
    Just fantastic :-) and especially well done on the running times! Really really excellent, highly motivating post :-D

But agree with the others: definitely not a semi-success! Flat out 100% brilliant success :-D

haha, thanks!

HOLY! you just blew me away. congrats and good luck!!
    Thanks! :)
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Is this your semi-success story???

OMG!!!! It's a success!!
  • Mavalicous
    Options
    Is this your semi-success story???

OMG!!!! It's a success!!

haha, thx Toddahlie!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!