Best Heart Rate Monitor under $100?

Options
What's the best HRM under $100? I'm on Amazon.com right now, and there are SO many options it's mind-boggling!

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I got a polar 7 on e-bay "new" and it was half the price of retail. I like it! Batter is replaceable.
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi

It is mindbogglin isnt it!
    Ive just got a sigma pc15 - so far no complaints at all and it has a good lota features for the money

xx
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Polar FT7. I think I spent $80 on it. It's the best purchase I could have made!
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I got polar FT4 on amazon. What I did initially was to go on the Polar website to compare all the Heart rate monitors for what they do etc.. then I went to amazon.
  • amandadrsg
    amandadrsg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll check all of those out. I really want one with the ECG strap that goes around your chest, and that counts calories burned too.
  • kponds
    kponds Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm sold on the Garmin products. I have just upgraded to the Forerunner 305 gps based unit from the forerunner 60. While a little expensive at about $100 for the fr60 (which includes the watch and strap), you can add the footpod later to be used to measure distance while running or walking and also the bike sensor to measure distance and cadence while biking.

If you KNOW you'll never care about measuring distance, I'd save a little money and go with the Timex T5G971 which goes for about $60. This is one of the top 3 HRM watches by consumersearch and rted very highly by consumer reports.
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    If you just need HRM, stick with Polar stuff. I think the Garmin watches are great for runners but cost a little more to have GPS and HRM capabilities. I lot of the cardio machines out on the market have the Polar logo on them next to the heart rate indicator.

You can replace the Polar belt and transmitter too, so replacement parts availability is something to keep in mind.
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Polar F6, and mine was about $95