Hello to all!! 100+ to lose - looking for others in the sam

Options
Just joined today!! Wanted to say hello to all!!

I have A LOT of weight to lose = 100+ and maybe then some. Anyone else in that same boat. I have found it amazing at the different sights I have been seeing that most of the pictures of are those that are only a few lbs of being overweight, and not extremely overweight, whats up with that. Getting and giving support to someone 10 lbs overweight does nothing for me. Nothing personal to those, you have your journey also, but with as heavy as I am someone that is fighting the same battle as myself is more of a reality to me. I just started this diet on the 1st, probably like most, the resolution. I have never made a resolution prior to now. Its time, I cant wait anymore. Im getting old and my kids are only 4 & 5. I think I have joined 3 sites looking for others in the same situation as myself, again 100+ to lose, to give and get some daily support as I have no willpower without it.

Anyway, if you fit the profile lets talk. Tell me about your day, struggles, and I will share mine. Lets help to support one another!!

Replies

• mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I, like you, have a LOT of weight to lose. I am currently over 300 pounds, and while my first goal is to get to about 200, I still would love to be lower. Add me as your friend if you would like. I would love to help support you!

Good luck!
  • helluva4
    Options
    I over 300lbs myself. I joined this site on Jan 3rd. So far I haven't weighed myself since December 17th so don't know what my weight is. I don't own a scale so I would have to visit the Doctor or hospital to weigh in. Add me as you friend and we can complain and rejoice together. I'm still trying to get used to this. I haven't logged or kept count of how many calories, carbs, sodium or anything before. I pretty much go under my goal and I keep going way over on sodium. Slowly I'm getting it. I went shopping again today for more less sodium items. Hang in there and welcome, you'll do fine. a lot of people on this site willing to give motivation and support. I know because the other night I was about to lose it. Make friends and take a look at other people's diary. Don't think of it as a diet, it's just eating healthier. My goal is 250 right now. I say 250 because I'm being realistic. We'll do fine though. Smile and think your way thin girl!! Hope this helps!
  • janiegirll
    Options
    Mochama, thanks I added you as well as sent a message. Thanks!!
  • shrinkinggoddess
    Options
    Hey Janie and others,

I am currently 149kg (329+lbs) and so hear what you're saying. I've joined this site because I was invited to do a Fitness Challenge by La at The Curvy Life dot com. There is group of us on here yet I do believe most only have a few kilos to lose.

Would love to connect with you - the more encouragment the better!!

Sib (*_*)
  • janiegirll
    Options
    Helluva4,

Thank you for the reply. I have added you as a friend, and sent a message.
  • janiegirll
    Options
    Shrinkinggoddess

I hear that. I will add you as well and send a message, thanks!!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    hello everyone!
    I was 130kg when i first started to lose weight 2008/2009. I lost a lot and a year later i weighed 97. Now im up over 100 again (104.2 being exact) and now im on it again. So no, i dont need to lose 100 lbs now but my journey from 130 kg isnt over so if you guys want support and want to support me - God knows im only human - please feel free to add me. Best of luck! You can do it!!

Best,

Hanna
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    There is a group of us that are or were over 300 lbs. Come and visit this thread if you would like to join us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/143148-the-over-300-club
  • janiegirll
    Options
    Thanks Hanna, I added you!!
  • janiegirll
    Options
    Thanks Deb, going to check it out!!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Same boat here first goal 109 lbs, second goal 124. My starting weight was 309. Welcome to MFP I joined in October and it really helps you stay committed to healthier eating habits. Good Luck!!
  • janiegirll
    Options
    Havingitall, going to check out your thread
  • janiegirll
    Options
    Thank you Spennato
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    Hey hun, I'm over 300 pounds so thats over 150 pounds to loose! I joined here in August and had some great progress. Before the xmas season I had lost 16 but alas xmas and new year paired with some rough times going on around then I just totally fell off the bandwagon and put all but one pound back on. I'm back on the loosing track now though.

There are pleanty of us about but not everyone who is likes to shout about it (understandably, I feel!) Feel free to add me any time I have to say Im not always socially active but I am around and I love to see how everyone is doing :)
  • nancym221
    Options
    I am in your situation. Welcome and please befriend me.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I too am over 300 lbs and have A LOT to lose. My first goal is to get to 250 just because saying I wanted to get to 150 seems too impossible at this time! This is the heaviest I've ever been and I'm tired of feeling the way I do. I had lost about 60 pounds in 2005-2006 and was under 300 for the first time since I was a teenager (I honestly can't even remember when I was under 300 prior to then). Then I got pregnant and had a baby in 2007 and it all went "up hill" from there. I had the baby but kept on gaining! I'm committed to lose it for good this time. :)
  • rarintolose
    Options
    Hi Janie, I just joined yesterday and was looking at postings. I hear you about the 10 - 20 lbers. I was with weight watchers 3 years ago, lost 70 lbs and have gained it back 50 of it. I am currently sitting at 230 lbs and need to lose at least 100 lbs for a good BMI count. I have a good friend that turned me on to this website and we are supporting each other, but she doesn't need to lose as much as I do. I am looking forward to starting my new weight loss and exercise program. I also want to set an example for my adult son who is nearing 300 lbs. He needs it more than I do.
  • Curt2u
    Curt2u Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi all! Only have been a member for a couple of days. My goal is 105lbs. I'll try and get a pic up soon.

Take care, Curt
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i could spare 100#
    anyone please feel free to add me
    together we can get this done